Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
You got me.
Last year was my first year in dragracing.
This thing just wants to lift the front wheel all the time even with 5kg weight in front.
You didn't state in your initial post you were adding weight to the front that makes a difference too. ....doesn't matter good times. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
You didn't state in your initial post you were adding weight to the front that makes a difference too. ....doesn't matter good times. :thumbsup:
You are right.
With 2016 regulations I will have to remove it so all my next passes and times will be without extra weight in front.
What's your best time?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Bloos been 9.9xs before.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Bloos been 9.9xs before.
Actually 9.8s and as fast as 121mph in the 1/8 mile stock wheel base all foot shifting the 121mph was done with just a slip-on and NO Power Commander over 215lb rider, it's all listed in the spreadsheet in this thread :mrgreen:

bloo

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Oh have you gotten it down that far? Nice. I cant get over about 114 in the 1/8 SWB

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Oh have you gotten it down that far? Nice. I cant get over about 114 in the 1/8 SWB
I was mostly going that fast too but just before I stretched the bike and finally put a pipe and PC I started to up the speed because I was slipping the heck out of the clutch but letting out a little better before the bike wanted to wheelie....the 121mph I would say was the Perfect launch and showed what a SWB Gen 1 was capable of but pro star racers in the past did it all the time. :wink: :thumbsup:

bloo

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Damn thats not bad. My best MPH is like 115.5 SWB. Crazy!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Damn thats not bad. My best MPH is like 115.5 SWB. Crazy!
What's really crazy when I grew up in the early 80s the Fastest Stock Bikes in the World were doing 120mph + in the Whole 1/4mile, so to do 120mph+ in half the distance showed how far Motorcycles have come and how fast a 1st Gen ZX10R REALLY is from the show room floor, I was basically stock just lowered, mild gearing, and strapped. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Yeah, these are still some fast lil bastards. Im running the same setup basically. Lowered, -1/+2, strapped.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Yeah, these are still some fast lil bastards. Im running the same setup basically. Lowered, -1/+2, strapped.
Follow member ZXRACER he Kills almost all bikes new and old SWB or Long on his 1st Gen Bike he has a few tricks but he is not a light Rider what is even more impressive. :cool:

bloo

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Yeah, ive talked to him before. Hes been faster SWB than I have on a stretch. Wtf? :lol: him and I weigh about the same give or take 5-10 pounds

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Yeah, ive talked to him before. Hes been faster SWB than I have on a stretch. Wtf? :lol: him and I weigh about the same give or take 5-10 pounds
Yeah he reminds me of Ruthless Racing a Pro Star Champion not on the 10R but Ruthless told me in private it was the 1st Gen that made him better if you can ride that bike fast then the rest are easy... :rip: Ruthless my buddy and miss him. :sad:

BLOO

·
Registered
47 Posts
Actually 9.8s and as fast as 121mph in the 1/8 mile stock wheel base all foot shifting the 121mph was done with just a slip-on and NO Power Commander over 215lb rider, it's all listed in the spreadsheet in this thread :mrgreen:

bloo
You definitely know how to drive it.
My zx10r was easier to get of the line when it had only a pipe.
Tiforce full system and commander made it more aggressive.
The real problem came after headwork and now after 8500rpm it lifts the front wheel like crazy even in 2nd gear roll-on but I enjoy driving it on street, it has power everywere.:grin2:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ill be testing out my 2016 zx10r soon( April) at stock wheelbase, aiming for low 9s :)

Graves decat pipe
lowered and strapped (will be)
woolich flash (will flash it)
520 conversion
lithium battery

ive had good success on my stock wheelbase stock motor and head , pump gas k6 gsxr 1000, went [email protected]
and on my Gen2 Hayabusa at stock wheelbase , stock motor and head, pump gas went [email protected]

so it will be fun to see what the zx10r will do :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Hi.
First time on track did an 9.933 1/4
Second time I lost weight and the 2 best was 9.654 and 9.676
1/4 et. 9.654
1/4 mph. 144.97
1/8 et. 6.332
1/8 mph. 118.16
60ft. 1.624
Wheelbase. 54in
Fuel. 100 octane
Motor. Headwork
Nitrous. No
Clutch. Springs
Shifter. Yes
Lowered. Yes
Gearing. 17/44
Year. 2004
Riders # 220
Good times man wat rpms are you leavin?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Yeah he reminds me of Ruthless Racing a Pro Star Champion not on the 10R but Ruthless told me in private it was the 1st Gen that made him better if you can ride that bike fast then the rest are easy... :rip: Ruthless my buddy and miss him. :sad:

BLOO
Hey bloo them are some big shows to fill kenny was bad dude i met him once at race in georgia super cool guy and gave me alot of pointers... RIP Ruthless gone but not forgot!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Ill be testing out my 2016 zx10r soon( April) at stock wheelbase, aiming for low 9s :)

Graves decat pipe
lowered and strapped (will be)
woolich flash (will flash it)
520 conversion
lithium battery

ive had good success on my stock wheelbase stock motor and head , pump gas k6 gsxr 1000, went [email protected]
and on my Gen2 Hayabusa at stock wheelbase , stock motor and head, pump gas went [email protected]

so it will be fun to see what the zx10r will do :)
Good job man those times swb is pretty impressive but that new beast you got should beat that easily ;) once you get some seat time in.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
-1+2 is pretty nice on SWB. Definitely gets out pretty good. The gearing helps with the looong first gear. -1 up front aint bad, but the extra gearing on the back helps tremendously.

Definitely follow ZX_racers advice, dude knows his way around these things .Fast as hell!

181 - 200 of 215 Posts