Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
first night of racing

First I'm gonna say I am not the rider... but my newly dragged out 2012 zx-10 just ran back to back to back 5.67 1/8th mile runs to win the Saturday night race here in richlands NC.

Stock Motor
70 inch wheel base
180 hookup
Woolrich Racing Flash
MPS air shifter
Myrtle west lowering link
2 down 4 up (rider says it needs more gear)

·
Registered
19 Posts
first night of racing

Forgot to add the Brocks Heavy Duty Springs and clutch mod and probably some other stuff but just wanted to let u guys know with the right mechanic and rider it is being done on a stock motor... me myself am a lot slower bUT my quickest so far is 6.16 and I am 233 lbs and new to drag racing

·
Registered
19 Posts
first night of racing

Forgot to add the Brocks Heavy Duty Springs and clutch mod and probably some other stuff but just wanted to let u guys know with the right mechanic and rider it is being done on a stock motor... me myself am a lot slower bUT my quickest so far is 6.16 and I am 233 lbs and new to drag racing

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yea these bikes are fast, I ran the 5.79 @64" stock motor n/a foot shift less gear with under 1 year of track experience at 1k above sea level. What trap speed were y'all doin?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea these bikes are fast, I ran the 5.79 @64" stock motor n/a foot shift less gear with under 1 year of track experience at 1k above sea level. What trap speed were y'all doin?
Not really sure I have the flu so I made it out for one pass before I went home if he tells me the info I will update...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ight maybe post up a slip or something, curious to see the 60' and 330'. I'm trying to get into the 60's this year but at my elevation bike only traps 123-124.

·
Registered
871 Posts
that's running good. perfect crazy 8 bike with good mph.
That is exactly what I built the bike for. Run Crazy 8s on motor and then throw the bottle on it just for fun. I'm very happy w the mph, picked up 3 from last year, air was decent but not the best ever.

I'm pretty happy with where its at. That is only the third pass on a fresh motor and still has a pretty conservative tune up in it. Also wasn't leaving as aggressive as last year but the combo of more gear and diff motor setup still netted low 1.40 60's. Once it is dialed in completely I think low 80s in good air shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Damn BG, you put the hurtin on the other guy

·
Registered
871 Posts
It was actually a pretty close race. Was a qualifying pass, he red lit and I was sleeping at the tree so he got about a 0.2 head start and we were almost side by side at the stripe, lol.

·
Registered
871 Posts

Improved best 1/8mi. to a 5.593. More seat time and maybe run 5.60 index next year. 1/4mi spreadsheet shows the correct bike setup.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Fuel: 87
Motor: No
Nitrous: No
Clutch: Stock
Shifter: Yes
Lowered: Yes
Wheelbase: 66"
Gearing: 15/45
Year: 2005
Rider: 185
That's Getting Ur Done Magma on the 1st Gen. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks Blue.... Its got some .80s in it in good air.. gotta get the 60ft down.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts