Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i took the zx10 back to the track for sum TNT tonight since i recently installed a airshifter and nailed another personal best. temps was in the low 80's & i was launchin around 8k-8.5k riders weight around 200 pounds suited. im pretty stoked on how fast this lil zx10 will go swb each track visit :mrgreen: let me no wat you guys think.

run no#1
1.638 60ft.
4.524 330ft.
6.317 594ft.
6.458 1/[email protected] mph.

run no#2
1.623 60ft.
4.518 330ft.
6.309 594ft.
6.436 1/[email protected] mph.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Nice passes! Are you not getting it pinned in 1st gear being SWB? Reason I ask is because I cut the same 1.62 60' and went the same 6.45 on my Gen 3 and I'm 300lbs (if not more) in gear.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Nice passes! Are you not getting it pinned in 1st gear being SWB? Reason I ask is because I cut the same 1.62 60' and went the same 6.45 on my Gen 3 and I'm 300lbs (if not more) in gear.
Maybe you should post your Mods when replying so members can evaluate besides how much you weigh. :wink: Nice times ZX Racer I never been that fast at 215lbs in gear in the 1/8 :eek:ccasion1 .....would love to see your guys 1/4 times some day though with complete mods. :wink: :eek:ccasion1

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
PC5, LOR slip on, secondaries pulled, small stretch, gearing
what gearing:dontknow: and what kind of mods lowering and height, fuel ....time slip as well please and have you had those same mods in the 1/4 mile and what time.

EDIT...JUST MISSED THAT YOU SAID THIS PATRICK "SMALL STRETCH" define a Small stretch as the 3rd gen is already longer than a 1st Gen that is shorter than most 600cc bikes.....not doubting anyone here but lets keep it real....usually the guys that do 6.2s SWB are the light weight very good racers with full systems and lowered good.:wink:

bloo

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
what gearing:dontknow: and what kind of mods lowering and height, fuel ....time slip as well please and have you had those same mods in the 1/4 mile and what time.

EDIT...JUST MISSED THAT YOU SAID THIS PATRICK "SMALL STRETCH" define a Small stretch as the 3rd gen is already longer than a 1st Gen that is shorter than most 600cc bikes.....not doubting anyone here but lets keep it real....usually the guys that do 6.2s SWB are the light weight very good racers with full systems and lowered good.:wink:

bloo
-1, +7, stock height front and rear, strapped front end, it was out about 5.5" or so at that time, pump 87octane gas

EDIT: Reason I have so much gear is because of my weight. For anyone under 270 or so, they wouldn't go any faster with my gearing than they would say -1, +2 or 3...it'd be too much gear for them and slow them down.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
-1, +7, stock height front and rear, strapped front end, it was out about 5.5" or so at that time, pump 87octane gas

EDIT: Reason I have so much gear is because of my weight. For anyone under 270 or so, they wouldn't go any faster with my gearing than they would say -1, +2 or 3...it'd be too much gear for them and slow them down.
+7
...maybe that's a great combo for your weight :dontknow:...5.5" is not close to SWB that is considered an EXTENDED bike...I know you gave ZX Racer props but questing him against your mods if he was "Pinned" in first gear is not the same thing against what you ride with your mods. :headshake bottom line both of you are doing great things with the mods you have. :wink::eek:ccasion1

EDIT...while I was typing you explained the Gearing which was the same thing I suspected....cool

bloo

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Im not questing him by any means, he's doing a kickass job and riding the wheels off his bike. I was just curious as to when he got WOT since I had the same short time and ET and I weigh significantly more.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx man ! i usually slip the clutch till the 60ft. to prevent wheelies and go wot from there. if i was stretched and lil more gearing im sure i can cut a better 60 and better elaspe times :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Damn thats alot of gearing :eyecrazy: but i guess with your weight it heps. wats your mph with your mods done to your bike ? and how inches is the bike now ?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not questing him by any means, he's doing a kickass job and riding the wheels off his bike. I was just curious as to when he got WOT since I had the same short time and ET and I weigh significantly more.
no harm here :eek:ccasion1 but i would like to see a pic of your bike tho :bump:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Damn thats alot of gearing :eyecrazy: but i guess with your weight it heps. wats your mph with your mods done to your bike ? and how inches is the bike now ?
I run a consistant 114mph, give or take .5mph. Its low because of my weight - my buddy ran my bike at 118 on his first ever pass, just because the power to weight ratio was significantly better. :crackup:

no harm here :eek:ccasion1 but i would like to see a pic of your bike tho :bump:
Heres how it sits now - different (better) setup than when I ran the 6.45.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I run a consistant 114mph, give or take .5mph. Its low because of my weight - my buddy ran my bike at 118 on his first ever pass, just because the power to weight ratio was significantly better. :crackup:

Heres how it sits now - different (better) setup than when I ran the 6.45.

nice bike man ! how many inches over is it in this pic ? and is that a bottle i see on top of the tripple tree ?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
nice bike man ! how many inches over is it in this pic ? and is that a bottle i see on top of the tripple tree ?
No bottle. I think its out about 7" in that picture. To be honest, I never measured the wheelbase after I put the new swingarm on. I had it tore down for 7 weeks and was anxious to get it done and ride, hana! :crackup:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No bottle. I think its out about 7" in that picture. To be honest, I never measured the wheelbase after I put the new swingarm on. I had it tore down for 7 weeks and was anxious to get it done and ride, hana! :crackup:
:lol: i hear ya.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
hey guys i took the zx10 back to the track for sum TNT tonight since i recently installed a airshifter and nailed another personal best. temps was in the low 80's & i was launchin around 8k-8.5k riders weight around 200 pounds suited. im pretty stoked on how fast this lil zx10 will go swb each track visit :mrgreen: let me no wat you guys think.

run no#1
1.638 60ft.
4.524 330ft.
6.317 594ft.
6.458 1/[email protected] mph.

run no#2
1.623 60ft.
4.518 330ft.
6.309 594ft.
6.436 1/[email protected] mph.
Thats gettin better:eek:ccasion1....if I remember right, thats a few mph and like .15 better right..?? Good job!!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats gettin better:eek:ccasion1....if I remember right, thats a few mph and like .15 better right..?? Good job!!
Thx Kirk but still not as fast you are :lol: and with the cooler weather settin in im sure the times will drop even more :mrgreen: but here is a run down on my last pass i made before my new personal best.

1.665 60ft.
4.536 330ft.
6.328 594ft.
6.587 1/[email protected] mph.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts