Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,,, just want to let you all know,,, the insurance company accepted responsibility.. they came out Friday and totaled my 10. ( i knew they would.). I know the adjuster that inspected my bike, but i still don't trust him,,lol,, he works for an ins. company,,lol.. He said he would need to run the numbers through the computer to see what my bike is worth,,, my bike was in better than new condition.... :badteeth: :eek:ccasion1 it had 5678 miles on it, it was only 5 months old. does anyone know about what kind of check i should get from them???.. i looked and found that the bike is worth around 8,000.... what do you all think or know,,, thanks... everything is all healed up,, except my shoulder,, its getting better but still not 100%,,, about 60% healed. thanks all
Bill

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Glad to hear you are getting better. You getting another 10R?

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
good that the ins step up to the plate. it's good that you are healing. just take some time. don't know how much you get back. they are in there owen little world.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Good to hear Atom, did the Ins. Co. tell you how much it will cost to buy the bike back? PM me with the details from what we talked about before to get her fixed if they did.

About the price for the total. I know one guy that had a run in with the Ins. Co. about what a bike is worth and he showed them pics of all the upgrades that he did and recent pictures and negotiated a price maybe $2000 above Kelly Blue book. So, my suggestion to you is use all the clean pictures you have taken and shove those in their face and make them estimate what money is required to get back what you lost. You may not get what you want, but on the other side you don't wan't Kelly BB either becuase you did put mods in and the pictures will show the bike was mint condition. Good luck man and keep us informed :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I totalled my 04 in April of 05 and it had 8500 miles on it. State Farm gave me a check for $7900 after my $500 deductible plus an additional $240 for my helmet. Don't forget about your helmet if you trashed it, State Farm covered mine 100% with no questions asked.
Are you holding out for the 06's?

·
Registered
666 Posts
About helmets...if you live in a state that mandates helmets, it should be covered by insurance.
On another note. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool,,, thanks,,, and yes,, im getting another 10.... I guess i'll get the 06 and try to make it look better, but i want to see it in person, and im selling my bike to my cousin that i sold my 954 to,,, and he is selling the 954 to my other cousin... keeping it all in the family,,lol

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
rocket girl said:
About helmets...if you live in a state that mandates helmets, it should be covered by insurance.
On another note. Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Shouldn't matter, Pa doesn't require helmets but they still covered it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey again,,, i talked to the ins. company this morning,,, there sending me a check for $9,500 smacks :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
AtomAnt said:
hey again,,, i talked to the ins. company this morning,,, there sending me a check for $9,500 smacks :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1
:eek:ccasion: I definately see an 06 10 in your future :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts