Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some background on my dealings with a shop after being rear-ended by an 18 wheeler

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28401

SO HERE IS THE UPDATE:

My bike was finally ready to pick up today so I went and got it...It looks great and the akrapovic sounds pretty goood...mind you it was 5 degrees and raining so I did not even rev the bike past 4k I think...

In the end my interaction with the shop was pretty good. I did not get any of my old parts but the owner showed me all the old parts that came off the bike and promised that I could have them after a few months if insurance does not claim them....In any case, I'm not so worried about getting them back but it was nice to see them and be reassured that whats on the bike is new...there was a mistake in tire size so I ended up with a 180 rear but hey thats what I was going to switch to anyways...

all in all, I'm very glad to have my bike back and I know for a fact that the shop made a lot more money on it due to insurance than what they supposedly charged for labour (e.g. my old powercommander was fine so they never bothered replacing it even though the insurance comp paid for a new one)- so I chose to be civil and just get my bike back and I will take my business elsewhere next time as well as try to get back to doing my own maintenance like I used to on all my older bikes....

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
at least you had a positive experiecnce.took my 05 to the dealer i bought the bike from with a warranty claim for some excessive stiction in the front end/harsh non-compliant ride.shop mngr spouts off bout"well i can already tell the 1st thing kawi. is going to recomend a sterring damper".wtf this idiot has no clue,a steering damper will magically fix the up and down stiction i'm having.so against my better judgement i left it there.picked it up a wk and a half later,only to be charged 110$ because they "found nothing out of spec"on top of that,they set all my susp. back to stock and put 40# of air in my tires because "they were a little low".and these are "factory techs".NEVER AGAIN.sorry,just had to rant didnt mean to thread jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts