Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got to ride yesterday – 70 mile commute and I must say I am extremely impressed though a little deaf in my right ear. The sound has changed both in frequency and volume. I wear custom earplugs if I want to listen to music which I will no longer be able to do as I still have a ringing in my ear so I am going to have to go back to using only foam earplugs (they have a rating of -33 dB) but the sound is amazing. I think the ringing has come more from the exit point position and my riding position as it exits right below my ear instead of slightly behind me but nonetheless I am sooooooooooo happy.
Once the pipe color changes a little I will post up some good hi rez pics but here is the only one I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Looks good! Have you tried the DB killer? Also I notice you have a little brown spot on the mid pipe. I have that too, but I cant figure out if its from my boots or if its oil, or what.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
did the new pipe come with the weld fittings for the sheild or did you have to make them your self?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
sorry i know people are busy...but ill put in a request...think you can add a video or some kind of drive by....i wanna order this...but i wanna hear it first!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
sorry i know people are busy...but ill put in a request...think you can add a video or some kind of drive by....i wanna order this...but i wanna hear it first!
I will try but it has been hard since I have ridden little since my wife's accident. If you search on Youtube I have a clip with it at idle and revving (it is a poor clip) but you get the idea. The new 200mm is much louder and meaner sounding than the 260 but you NEED earplug as the exhaust exit causes the sound to resonate in your helmet. THere wasn't a window open in the Intersate yesterady :)

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sweet thanks....power wise is the 200mm vs 260mm better or worse
So hard to tell as the weather was quite a bit cooler yesterday so it felt like it had more power but that was due to cooler air going in. Powerwise it is probably the same just much louder.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
My ears are bleeding just looking at that....but it does look good. If I had it I would have the DB killer installed I am thinking...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts