Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I would like to know if there is a possibility to unlock the panel of the Zx10R 2015 to display speeds above 299km / h.
I saw several S1000RR 2015/16/17/18 where they display above 299km / h and via AIM I saw a zx10r above 299 and I would like to know if there is a possibility to unlock the zx10 panel for it to show this speed above 299.

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Welcome!

That's a very strange question. Considering the bike itself wouldn't go any faster than that if you pushed it out of a flying aircraft and it fell to the ground, what would be the point of that? If you've got a suped up hotrod of a bike that can hit 300kph, then you'd use an upgraded insturment with more accurate speed display. So, the short answer is no. You'd have to break into the instrument cluster and change the LCD controller in there to remove that restriction. That's a lot of work with no real benefit, so nobody has ever done it.

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
You’d don’t think the bike can exceed 185mph? I’ve never tried personally....
Not stock. Given the power of a Gen 4, the gearing on it, and the aerodynamics, it likely won't get that high. Given enough straight pavement, mild power mods, and a small svelte rider that can tuck pretty tight, it would be close to that. As far as the actual speed goes. Indicated speed will have that correction factor in it so it will show higher actual. But I wouldn't trust the speedometer even if it didn't top out at 299.

Reactions: trebor27

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Set it to KPH, then correct it with a speedo healer to mph.

....though it would be fun to see what that does to the models that have differential wheel speed traction control....... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts