Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first set of leathers and I want to know what all you track junkies use as under suits? I've seen guys using Under Armour, Starter gear and other athletic materials and just wanted some other options before I make a purchase. Are the Alpinestars and RS Taichi items worth the expense? Better to get one piece or two. I'm really starting from the ground floor on this one. :dontknow:Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
I have always had good luck with the under armour stuff for sure. Someone does make a one piece undersuit thought that looked pretty good but cant recall who it was. Was never upset at all with UA though and you can get the hot or cold stuff depending on the weather which is nice.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
So you use both a shirt and pants? Do you use any additional padding (besides a back protector), like these:

Yes just the shirt and pants. Never used any other padding as the suit does pretty well and it fits so snug there is not a lot of room but I guess if it would fit it wouldnt be a bad idea as long as it doesnt hinder movement. I would highly recommend a back AND chest protector for sure. Bohn cool air makes a great combo.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I purchased an RS Taichi and used it a couple times and it was ok but ended up selling it and using UA products for a tight fit and their wicking ability.

BD

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I purchased an RS Taichi and used it a couple times and it was ok but ended up selling it and using UA products for a tight fit and their wicking ability.

BD
:+1:
...did the same thing. Would be perfect if UA would make a 1-piece suit. I figured nike would make one for runners but I haven't found one yet.

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
I got the Reebok knock off of Under Armour. Make sure you get the full length pants because the back of your knees can get sore without the long pants. My leathers bunch up a little bit behind the knees and can cause chaffing without the pants.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all the info. I guess it's between the one piece that Saki posted and the UA long sleeve and pants. Now it's just down to cost. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I got the Reebok knock off of Under Armour. Make sure you get the full length pants because the back of your knees can get sore without the long pants. My leathers bunch up a little bit behind the knees and can cause chaffing without the pants.
Just a thought........how about cycling bib overall's in a variety of diff configs??? 1 being bib shorts and 2 being bib full length?? or a Tri sleeveless 1 piece suit?

http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=58&product_id=790826

http://www.pearlizumi.com/shop.php?pc_id=331&mode=products

BD

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
I love the UA. It works very well and makes it 100% easier to get out of the suit when you've been sweating. It's cheap too.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I always wear a long sleeve under armor shirt and under armor shorts. I have warm weather and cold weather versions of these. But it is a must to keep the suit from sticking to you.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BD where are the sleeves!!! That is one of my biggest concerns is the armpit and length of my arm. My suit is pretty tight and I think that my arms would be the most susceptible to sticking. I've got a feeling I'm going to look half retarded on the track let alone coming into the pits and behaving 110% retard bouncing around trying to get my sweaty arms out of my suit! :badteeth: Does anyone ride sleeveless?

On another note I checked the UA site and holy crap there are so many options and some of the combos cost the same as the one piece that Saki posted. Can anyone be a little bit more specific on which shirt/pant they use?

Thanks again guys, all your info is great.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Heck i dunno mang its just an option to consider is all and since i do a bit of cycling the bibs are sweet with a jersey added.

When i do ride the scooter i use UA short sleeve tops unless its fall or early spring and then i wear the long sleeve version for warmth.

BD

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
yah gotta go long sleeve and full pants for the UA. There are the cold gear and the hear gear. You will know which ones to get for the weather you have in your area. I got both.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have a Mawus in black. It works well but it is a little too small for me. THere sizing is a little tricky.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts