Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I'm done with basic and stationed I'm wanting to d get some tattoos. My problem is the confusing ass tattoo policy. Please don't look up the current policy because it's written differently depending on where you look.

It's my understanding that it is in the middle of a policy change or some s screwy shit like that. Even though most SSG's are tatted like crazy they just can't give a straight answer.
I'm to the point where I just want to say F-it and get a sleeve started.

What do you recommend I do?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
If you go by the old standard you will be safe. If its covered by a t shirt you are ok. I remember when we stopped starching BDU's, polishing boots, and allowed tats on forearms. I wondered how long that crap would last.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
The problem with the tattoo policy (USMC) is that if i were to get a tattoo that IS within regulation, it could still limit my career options. The Marines Corps tattoo policy is: http://www.marines.mil/news/messages/Pages/MARADMIN029-10.aspx/ Im not sure what branch your in but i am sure they are all similar. When i first enlisted, tattoos were not an issue at all, and now i have two half sleeves and my chest done, and there are some things that i am restricted from doing because of the changes to the policy. So now in the USMC you cant have tattoos, but you can be as gay as Justin Beiber. The world is backwards.....

My advise....wait, just relax a little bit and get your dick wet first, then down the road you can get something nice and meaningful. I know so many guys who got stupid ass looking tats, or moto tats that they hate, etc..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Stick with a half sleeve that can be covered under a t shirt for now. When you make some more rank (e-5 or e-6) then add to it. Been in for 10 years and two different branches. What I learned is the higher rank you are the more you can get away with.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I think you went to the army, so like others have said, wait it out...the army is getting rid if 100,000 soldiers, and tats outside the regs will gett you cut...maybe not now, but it could catch up to you, or maybe never...

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Sounds like Disney World.....even maintenance workers can't have visible tats....might scare the kiddies :lol:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
What do you recommend I do?
Right after basic most think the military is going to be their life. I remember my group right after basic all talking about how we were going to keep our high and tights always. Funny how things change. Of course, for some it doesn't change, and I think God for those who choose to be lifers. But keep your options open. Right or wrong, visible tats limit your opertunities.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts