Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any jet ski fans here. Just picket up an 01 ultra 150 triple. I wish we could get 2 stroks in sports bikes.:badteeth:

·
Registered
611 Posts
i certainly am. although ive been away from them for sometime now. maintainence, moving away from the water
some pics would be great!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Any jet ski fans here. Just picket up an 01 ultra 150 triple. I wish we could get 2 stroks in sports bikes.:badteeth:
naaaaaaa you don't really as i've had my share although from the mid 70's but i suspect with current tech & FI they might be fun however the power band would surely be high therefor low/mid range would zuk.

BD

·
Registered
794 Posts
Ultra 150 = Unstable at speed and a ski that has a bad habbit of bow hunting in a big way at 50+ MPH in rough water. The STX is the boat to have if your into solid speed . Team Green uses the STX hull as thier race boat because of the saftey issues that went along with that Ultra hull.
I live in Lake Havasu City,AZ the home of the Jet Ski World Finals !!

·
Registered
522 Posts
:+1: on what he said and they roll over easy when taking pretty tight turns at speed.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The bow is not the correct shape at the front IMO. Its not a roll over issue, its a bow hunting issue. If you hit a wake at a slight angle at speed your prolly gonna get spat off. Its not fun to hit the water at 55MPH. Its just unstable at speed. The last year WaveBlaster did the same but it wasent as bad kuz that POS only ran 49 MPH.:lol:

·
Registered
522 Posts
well all i know is that on more than 1 occasion me and the craft roll over going round markers and started taking on water plus mine had ride plate and sponsons on it and i know what hitting the water over 65 mph feels like too.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I gotta disagree:wink:
I personally dig the 4-strokes a lot more. Cleaner power, less maintenance, better ridability etc.. There are guys who still love 2-stroke dirt bikes, and I haven't ridden one since the YZ 400f came out in '98. To each his own. It's your ski, and if you like it, that is all that matters.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I gotta disagree:wink:
I personally dig the 4-strokes a lot more. Cleaner power, less maintenance, better ridability etc.. There are guys who still love 2-stroke dirt bikes, and I haven't ridden one since the YZ 400f came out in '98. To each his own. It's your ski, and if you like it, that is all that matters.
:+1: for the 4-strokes!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts