Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'm here WAY too much..
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some responses last time, lets see if you can help again..It seems like everytime I fix something, something else, unrelated goes wrong! Take a stab at this with me please.

2001 Raptor 660

I just relplaced the Starter one-way bearing and idle gear 3. Everything is FINE with the starter, went off without a hitch, starts - runs - stops with no noise or probs. Two days ago, I could be out, nail the throttle through all the gears and be FINE. Today, I go out get through first, nail the throttle in second and the engine bogs down like its starvin for fuel, get through second, same in third. I dont get it, it was FINE two days ago before the starter clutch took a dump, now it runs like ass when i go above 3/4 throttle in second and third... I didnt touch the carburetor, nothing is different.. I'm going to check the plug, adjust chain (sprockets may need replacing), bla bla.. Anyone think of anything else? Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The answer is probably in your description, sounds like it's starving for gas . Check to see where the fuel filter is . . make sure you have good fuel flow to the carb. If it's ok, yank the carb and clean it out. Make sure the high speed jet is clean. . another idea is that the bike will run in limp mode if it thinks it's overheating.. make sure any temp sensors are still connected and the wiring looks ok.. next buy a kawasaki

·
I'm here WAY too much..
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carburetor taken out, opened up.. All jets cleaned, diaphragms in good condition, floats good, ran carb cleaner through everything, its spotless.. Also replaced spark plug just in case.. Fuel lines seem clear.. Same problem. There are two breather hoses coming from the carbs (one from each), they are connected to the boots coming from the air box. I'll check the one from the gas cap also.. Thanks for the suggestion.. To be honest, I never noticed before, the fuel line connects right to the carburetor with no fuel filter in between (wtf?). Not sure how to check fuel delivery to the carbs... No possibility something with the stator could be frigged up, right? Everything went back together like clockwork Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts