Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i would say my luck has officially caught up with me here in SC. Over the last 6 months i have been pulled over 8 times, and ticketed for 5 of them, after 14 years with an M license and having a spotless record. My bike will sit for the next 2 weeks until i move, my wheels will never touch another SC road. Picked up #8 last nite (the wife got one too) and that is the end. Sorry bike i will miss you dearly, see you in 2 weeks.

Since i suppose someone will ask, in this order:

1. Expired tag, i had registed and was waiting for sticker in mail, warning
2. speeding, 4mph over the limit, ticketed
3. headlamp out, DUH, warning
4. speeding, 67 in a 55, passing legally on a 2 lane highway, ticket
5. excessive show of speed, again passing legally on a 2 lane highway, warning
6 speeding, 74 in a 65, 3 lane interstate, in middle lane going with flow of traffic, (wife was with me, pulled over and she got same) ticket
7. wreckless driving, out in bum f**k nowhere on some old farmers back road was seen doing a wheelie, ticket
8. manner of driving, said accelerated too fast from a traffic light, (again wife was there and got the same) ticket

This is not a police bashing thread, i am certainly not saying i am at all innocent. I am just venting some frustration of the last 6 months i have had, and saying my luck here has been below average. So please dont take this thread there, feel free to vent about your bad luck in life lately, whether it be similar, or just a crappy day at work maybe. My thread is here for you to vent, but again please no FTP crap.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
damn shitty bro, at least you have the brains to call a spade a spade.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
You got a ticket for 4 over? Sorry, but that is just retarded. And do you have your headlight on it's own toggle?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope just had the low beams on so it "appears" as if a light is out. Im pretty sure it was just an excuse to check my license, registration, and insurance.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
That blows

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That blows. Just goes to show that all it takes is that first run-in and you'll be on the po-po's radar for a good long time. That is some stupid shit about the headlight, and accelerating too fast? whaaatt thaaa fuuuuuck? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
172 Posts
2. speeding, 4mph over the limit, ticketed
3. headlamp out, DUH, warning
8. manner of driving, said accelerated too fast from a traffic light, (again wife was there and got the same) ticket
You can't get pulled for 4 miles over, there is a discrepancy of 5mph. Should fight that ticket. Headlamp out, flip the bright on, done. Can't accelerate too fast, as long as you are under the speed limit, you should fight that ticket as well.
My question is, why not just, you know, ninja out of there before they get your info? Your poor bike will miss you...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Since Nov of 09 I have had my bike and got two speed warnings. I doubt my next one will be a warning. I have been trying with no luck to purchase a Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster (cruiser). This might help me some because I don't obey the speed limit much at all on the ZX. The Roadster however is not a slow bike...lol I'm not bragging it is just the nature of my driving I guess. I was going to work, taking my time, not in a hurry and pasted a offiecer. Looked down and I was going 62 in a 45 zone. He didn't turn around but I thought how it is so easy to get pulled over on this thing.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea considering that 1st gear on our bikes will break the posted speed limit on any US road, speeding is pretty easy. I usually dont fly around at hells bells pace, and on the interstate i just go with traffic (usually the fastest traffic albeit). Around here though there are lots of 2 lane county highways, and i swear these are the slowest people on the planet. Its nothing to be stuck behind someone doing 40 in a 55 for miles at a time, not a lot of straight roads for passing. So when you get the chance, you go. Of course it is illegal to break the speed limit while passing, which i think is a stupid law, seems it would be a lot safer to just get by them and back in, anyhow i digress.

As far as ducking out as someone mentioned, there were a few times i could have very easily. I am a big boy however and will take my medicine. I am 38, have a great woman, and really dont feel like crashing, dying, or spending time in jail over a stupid ticket. You will never see me run, thats just how i am. I could rant about that as i have a strong issue about people who do, but i am not going there.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Sorry to hear the news man BUT if you have to drag a posotive out of the situation......just think that after 2 weeks of being grounded, it'll almost be like riding the 10 for the first time again!!!!!

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
In Ontario you can get your licence suspended for a week and your bike (or whatever you're driving at the time) impounded for 7 days for going 50+km/h (~31+ mph) over the speed limit, or "stunting".

"Stunting" would include anything like a wheelie or a burnout. Hard acceleration could also qualify.

:sad:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad luck and down time. I have to applaud your straight up attitude.

I'm sure you have analyzed all of these stops as I have briefly with this thread. IMO each one makes me think it really has to do with the type of bike your on. You don't see harley's getting pulled over for accellerating too hard or 5 over with the flow of traffic - as much as I dislike the loud bling rattlebox of a motorcycle. But my point is there is an inherrent risk riding a sportbike.

Just this afternoon, on my way home from Cycle Gear on a fairly busy 4 lane road (Madison Ave.), I took off from a stop light fairly slow in 1st, then shift to 2nd and gave it 1/2 throttle (motor growling pretty good) to get up to the 45mph (the speed limit), shift to 3rd and motor calmed down as I continue at 46mph. I then see a CHP on the off the right side of the road writing a car a ticket, and I continue past him at 46mph in 3rd gear, when the guy turns completely around and stares me down with a look as if I'm speeding and he wants to come after me. I'M GOING 46 in a 45!! It was probably the sound of my bike accellerating up to the limit - sounded good but it was really not that fast of an accelleration. If I was a harley and loudly accellerated up to limit it would be no big deal.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
281 Posts
I know schp can be a bitch!! i just got two tickets wednesday. My stator went out and got a ticket for no headlight and out of date tag( which is the dmv's fault they gave me the wrong sticker). then he left me on the side of the interstate with no lights or anything.wtf?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Man fuck the police j/k that sucks man, I got a warning for accelerating too fast, i really didnt know that was against the law but the cop told me it was reckless driving and it could cause others around me to race and try to keep my pace

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
i'm kinda late, but i can't blame you for taking a break on riding. I take risks all the time on the 10 but when on roads I don't know I dont ride hard on just to scan or do homework on police hiding spots. THEN I memorize all spots and or potential spots(you know the places that have worn out grass due to cop tires being parked up or places i think damn that would be good for a copper) then i blast through the next go around knowing if he's gonna get me he's gotta be moving. It takes a lot of memory but i ride the same parkways around NYC so it's easy to memorize. also only a few roads are good enough to blast on anyway. When I'm with a group...i just blast and dont think about it and keep in mind I'm not the slowest guy in any group so I should be ok when its time to ... do a time trial :helmet::wink:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts