1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The cheapest I ahve found powers is...

Tires Express
120/70
180/55

$234.99 shipped, then you have to find someone that will mount them for you. I have a cycle gear here in OKC and they charge $20 each, so mine will end up being $274 mounted.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
thats a good deal if they are changing the tires on the bike. you could probably save yourself a few bucks taking the tires off yourself which i now prefer to do since i go back and check everything done by a service tech anyway....as the slogan says...too much is riding on your tires...i want to know that everything has been torqued down to specs....plus i once took the bike down to a service spot to change the tires and had to wait like two hours or try to get someone to come get me...i like just dropping off the tires while i finish some errands and pick them up 30 minuets later..

·
Registered
770 Posts
buy the tires and use the left over money to help buy yourself some tire changing tools and start doing them yourself. I've been doing my own tire changes for about 5 years now, figured that I've saved around $1500 so far, not to mention that I've changed about 20 sets for friends here and there. You basically recoup your cost after 3 changes...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rvancil said:
buy the tires and use the left over money to help buy yourself some tire changing tools and start doing them yourself. I've been doing my own tire changes for about 5 years now, figured that I've saved around $1500 so far, not to mention that I've changed about 20 sets for friends here and there. You basically recoup your cost after 3 changes...
:+1: i think thats exactly whats going to happen. in the long run id definately come out on top.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts