Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys recommend for front and rear tyre pressure for a gen 2 running stock suspension at stock settings. Normal weekend riding, stock size michelin pilot race tyres:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
32-35 same as car.

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah definetly depends on the tire. Also depends on how hard you push them, I have Pilot Pures on my bike (190/55 Rear) and on the street i run them at 32/32 and they feel perfect one they get warmed up a little. I dont like the feel when they are harder.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Yep. Also some tires it seems to vary a bit depending on the temperature outside. I know what I usually ran in my Michelins, my Bridgestones don't like. Heck if you arent sure, set them high like oem which is like 38/42 or something like that, then ride for a bit. If you dont like it, drop them both 2psi and ride some more. Rinse and repeat till you and the bike are happy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Oem is 42psi which is incredibly hard, so I was curious. I run 36/38 which feels pretty good.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The OEM tire pressure recommendations are for cold weather and tires. Which normally are Front36/rear42. I found that with bridgestones 34/36 in the heat for normal street riding is good for me, but really depends on YOU! start playing with different tire pressure settings and see what feels best for you:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks guys. Oem is 42psi which is incredibly hard, so I was curious. I run 36/38 which feels pretty good.
36psi front and 38 psi rear is what I would run on most street tires.

However, if its freeway riding or touring then pump up the rear to 42psi.

For street riding check tire pressure when the tires are cold.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts