Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a two brothers carbon fiber pipe for my 2008 ZX-10R and the fitment was decent. HOWEVER! After letting the bike warm up, I noticed the muffler was getting hot. I went for a quick test ride and the carbon muffler was hot to the touch!! This is the first carbon fiber muffler I have ever owned that got hot to the touch. What kind of crappy carbon fiber are two brothers using?!? I called the customer service hotline and all they could say was, "you ran it on the bike, its against policy to take it back" What a load of shit. How else would I know that the fiber on there muffler was garbage?! I am very unhappy with the quality of this pipe and if it burns through I am going to flip out!

Anyone having similar problems with Two Bros?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I am def regretting the decision. The thing that kills me is there terrible customer service! How can you not make a customer happy? Maybe from now on, they should put "crappy ass can with cheap a$$ carbon fiber sleeve!" That why they wont even need a customer service line that is full of Yamaha riding retards.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
My 05 2 bros. don,t heat up much u got a catalytic up by ur header u probably need to remove that to let the exhaust out.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I think it will it is supposed to heat the exhaust up. I don,t how much it raises the temp but i think it is quit a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you running the Carbon Fiber cans on your 10? I had a Hindle on my old ZX9 and that ran very cool. I could hammer on it all day, pull over and hold on to the muffler. This is the kind of performance I expect from a Carbon Can. I would almost be willing to buy a header to go with my slip on, if it would 100% cure my problem.

The other question I had is, do the two brothers carbon cans hold up on the dyno? Currently I would be nervous to run mine on the dyno, as it gets VERY hot.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
All i can say is all i have is 2 Bros carbon fiber can for 05 and i did notice more power over stock can. I have done a few + 150 mph runs and had no problem,i have seen a dyno sheet that said it made less power than stock but i don,t think so.My servo is still hooked up and stock headers. When i had my stock can with cat inside u can melt ur shoe on it but not any more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have two bros m5 carbon on my suzuki sv650s and love em...don't barely heat up...sounds like just a bad one they sent you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wouldnt necassarily say that Two Bros is Crap it sounds like a faulty set of cans, Ive had carbon pipes before from jardine and just like been said you could hammer on em and then grab em and you wouldnt burn yourself Id say call two bros back and tell them that you got a faulty set of carbon cans and that you have heard from others that have carbon two bros that thiers dont heat up, and then if you still dont like the idea of two bros cause of the faulty pipes you will now have a brand new set of two bros you can sell to someone instead of a used set.......

·
Registered
448 Posts
i have had a sinlge two brothers on my 2006 zx10 for a couple years now,i love the sound it puts out,it sits there and loaps on idle,i got a extra 7 horse power from stock when i had it dynoed.i did brake the lower pipe in half some how.dont no.overall i like it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i could rest my balls on my yoshi's after some spirited runs and not regret it at all

1 - 20 of 21 Posts