Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I can post these pics this is the first time I have tried. I was board the other day so I took my exhaust apart and detailed it up abit. Next Im going to fab up some brackets to put the lower fairing back on. Got an Idea for that. Let me know if this looks like crap.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think it looks good. So long as the mount by peg doesnt pull through the carbon it should work good too. Did you put some sheetmetal or something on the inside of the can by the mount so the mount is solid? It looks very clean to me w/out a clamp but the longevity of the mount maybe a concern. If it is a solid mount your set. Nice work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the way they come with the mount like that. I just pulled the end cap and painted it. Then took some high heat paint and got rid of the ugly gold ends.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Looks good, now you need to fab up the mount for the lower heat shield and get that back on there. There are instructions on how to do it somewhere on the site... been drinking and don't feel like searching for ya. Props though, looks better!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah that pipe is loud as hell LOL I use to have the same one on my 08, then went to the M4 now I have the LOR yeah just look for/search button how to install lower fairing on 08 and it will come up very easy to do and only cost $3.00

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Painted the rear hugger a couple of weeks ago. Colorite paint and a couple of days drying then wet-sanded and rubbed it out pretty easy. Cheaper than paying Hotbodies all that money!!!! I dont like to pay anybody money something I can do myself.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Nice job on the painting, i have the same 2bros on my 10 do you have a juice box with it?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would have bought that pipe if it was a couple inches shorter.
Exactly. My buddy and I cut mine down 4 or so inches on my '05. Makes all the difference in the world:eek:ccasion1 End Cap looks cool.

B

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good look. i would like to do my 2bro the same way. Did you use the spray can from colorite. and what is wet-sand, did you use primer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts