Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the bike is going back together this evening with a few new mods.. this time around we went with..

Ported Throttlebodies w/ 2nd butterfly Bar removed
Custom Valve Springs from Japan
Thin Gasket
Ace Performance Ported Head
Kawi intake Cams redegreed

I am hoping for 196mph In 9/10 with Iceman on it and 190-191 with me on it.. will post the results this weekend if the hurricane doesnt hit us.. if the hurricane comes ill post up my 205mph speed with the 60mph tailwind..

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Not being a smart-ass, cause I am interested in your quest for two bills, but didn't you already hit 196 mph without this?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bonz said:
Not being a smart-ass, cause I am interested in your quest for two bills, but didn't you already hit 196 mph without this?

the 196 was pulled in just over a mile. the bike went 193-194 with a slight tail wind in 9/10 so we are hoping to go realisticly go 196 in 9/10 on a calm day. the bike will get to the 196 much faster this time.. ill hang the bike out just over a mile again to see how much closer to 200 we can get. it wont go 200 due to the gearing but i may change it just for the 200#..

·
Registered
804 Posts
deezuhl said:
well the bike is going back together this evening with a few new mods.. this time around we went with..

Ported Throttlebodies w/ 2nd butterfly Bar removed
Custom Valve Springs from Japan
Thin Gasket
Ace Performance Ported Head
Kawi intake Cams redegreed

I am hoping for 196mph In 9/10 with Iceman on it and 190-191 with me on it.. will post the results this weekend if the hurricane doesnt hit us.. if the hurricane comes ill post up my 205mph speed with the 60mph tailwind..

Is the kawi intake cam the same part# for the 06 as the 04,05? If not what is it? Who did the head work and how much?Is the head gasket the same as the 04,05 or is it a different#? Thanks

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the gasket is the same i am sure .45mm.. the cam i am unsure of its the part# on the kawi site for 06..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts