Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried searching but I only have a phone right now so its rather annoying but besides the obvious like fairings, what are some things you all have done to prep your bike for track only use?

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
The fairings are the main thing but there are a couple more that may be a matter of personal choice. Rearsets and GP shift linkage can raise your feet and pegs up. Rear spools so you can use a rear stand (that one sounds obvious but some guys dont have em). Swingarm, bar end, frame and fork sliders. That can help minimize the damage if you go down. Make sure your front braking system is top notch. Your suspension should be working properly as well and if you havent had someone help you get it set up there are many times guys at the track that can help out for a small fee. Take advantage of that. It can make a huge difference in how the bike handles and that translates into better and safer laps. Get yourself a good tire pressure gauge and use it. Keep an eye on hot and cold pressures during the day and adjust as needed. That also can affect the handling big time. Have fun. Thats the biggest. Theres no place this side of heaven better than the track so enjoy it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the info. I have most of that done. I flipped my linkage on the stock rear sets to gp. I thought about getting some cheap rearesets off eBay since they had decent review and wouldn't cost a shit ton o money. Do youuse steel braided lines on your bike

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
case savers (engine covers) are pretty much a must and i would get a catch can. yes steel braided lines will help. also might want to look into tank grippers. dont forget to safety wire!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought woodcraft covers and had an off the other day at 40 and it blew a a whole in the right cover...kind of sad about that lol

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
jdub mentioned a good point. I found no matter how hard I tried I could not grip my tank. Tech Spec was a must for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. I will have to look into that. I am ordering a new case cover and hopefully the fairings in the next week or so

·
Registered
176 Posts
Besides odds and ends, suspension will be your biggest investment but you can run the stock setup until you get really quick. Once you're throwing down solid lap times and are taxing your stock suspension, it'll be time to look into setting up your suspension right.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure I'm no where close to maxing out the stock suspension lol. These bikes are so incredible and my talent.....not so much lol but yea I understand what you mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts