Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, a while ago I posted about my experience shopping at JakeWilson.com...not good. But I decided to make the most out of it so here it is:

What I ordered...

What I got...

What I did with it...

What it looked like after the paint job...

How it looks on the bike...

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'm a picky fucker and I'm pretty pleased with it, especially for $43 delivered, the sprocket turned out better than I thought.
I used engine paint because I thought the sprocket gets hot from friction so it made sense...will see how it works.
As for the chromed teeth...it isn't bling, it's not all the Biker Build Off re runs I've been watching, it's purely functional. I figured unless it is a hard anodized or baked paint, the chain is gonna rip the paint off really easily and not only the sprocket would look like crap, the paint would be all over the chain...which by the way is a new RK I found on ebay for $58 plus shipping.
All feedback is welcome and I hope this helps someone if you are broke and need a new drivetrain on a budget.

On the other hand, I said I'm pretty picky and anal about the bikes I own but these stressful times have gotten the best of me and I failed to take care of my ZX10R properly. I feel I neglected my bike by not doing the chain/sprocket change when I should've. Needless to say...it'll never ever happen again and now I got the perfect excuse to do the 2009 swingarm mod:mrgreen:
The result is this:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
nice paint job bro

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I'm pretty happy with the results...honestly, I don't even see the sprocket pattern anymore. The high temp engine paint seems to be working fine and now I just have to look for a 2009 swingarm:mrgreen:
Take care!

racer155

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally the clutch lever showed up....last mod for a while.
ASV F3 shorty.....aahhhhhh....:rockwoot:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts