Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, today is my 21st Birthday! Too bad i have to spend it out on an oil rig where there in no alcohol allowed at all whatsoever.... :sad: :lame: :angryfire :cry:

At least the Company man let me go to a local gas station at midnight and buy a beer, but one beer is all the alcohol i get today. Sucks....

·
Registered
588 Posts
That does suck, but I'm sure the money you bring in from being out on the rig will provide you multiple opportunities to buy alcohol later lol. I turn 23 at the end of August, I always had this idea that everyone here was in their 30's and 40's.

P.S. Happy birthday man!!!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
If you ever make out to Cheyenne, I'llbuy you a beer. Have fun and remember Love's company policy is they quit selling beer at midnight.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Happy birthday! Should have told him you got "lost" and got some more beer. :badteeth:
Haha well i was thinking about doing something like that. But the gas station i went to that is about 15 miles from the rig was closed at midnight, so i ended up having to drive and 45 minutes away to buy a beer, then 45 minutes back, and i think he was expecting me to go to the closer one. So i didnt want to chance it. Haha

That does suck, but I'm sure the money you bring in from being out on the rig will provide you multiple opportunities to buy alcohol later lol. I turn 23 at the end of August, I always had this idea that everyone here was in their 30's and 40's.

P.S. Happy birthday man!!!
Haha yea, that is for sure. Going to Lake Texoma for the fourth of July, and trust me, there will be plenty of celebrating down there!

Thanks!

That sucks... have a good bithday day and be safe

Thanks man!! I will! You guys be safe also!

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If you ever make out to Cheyenne, I'llbuy you a beer. Have fun and remember Love's company policy is they quit selling beer at midnight.
I might have to take you up on that sometime!

Does loves really quit selling beer at midnight? I didnt know that. Loves is owned by a catholic couple that lives here in okc though, so not that surprising. But they are good people and donate a LOT..... I mean a LOT of money to my church every year.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I might have to take you up on that sometime!

Does loves really quit selling beer at midnight? I didnt know that. Loves is owned by a catholic couple that lives here in okc though, so not that surprising. But they are good people and donate a LOT..... I mean a LOT of money to my church every year.
I think they got sued for selling beer to a somebody that drank it and died while driving late in the night. I guess they figure they can't be sued for selling something to make somebody drouzy at 12 like they can at 2.
Kinda like Kmart quit selling ammo when it turned out that the guns at Columbine were shooting Kmart ammo.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think they got sued for selling beer to a somebody that drank it and died while driving late in the night. I guess they figure they can't be sued for selling something to make somebody drouzy at 12 like they can at 2.
Kinda like Kmart quit selling ammo when it turned out that the guns at Columbine were shooting Kmart ammo.
Yea, i guess that kind of makes sense. Just no point in even possibly hurting your company for a little extra profit.

Happy Birthday!!!

:bday:

Thanks man!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Happy Birthday man! It's all down hill from here. When I hit 21 is when I stopped remembering/counting birthdays. :lol:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Happy Birthday u lil guy u! Ill have a beer for u instead, and itll be a good beer not the crappy 3

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
Happy birthday! I hear you can get drunk by drinking hand sanitizer these days. That's allowed on the rig, right? :idea::badteeth:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Happy Birthday Youngster...enjoy it but don't do it too big, lol

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Happy Birthday Youngster...enjoy it but don't do it too big, lol
Haha well i dont have to worry about that for the next few days. Can't promise anything once i get home though... :badteeth:

Prob going to have to leave the bike alone for a few extra days..... Haha

Happy birthday! I hear you can get drunk by drinking hand sanitizer these days. That's allowed on the rig, right? :idea::badteeth:
Haha yea i have heard that too. Prob not worth it though. Co man was cool enough to let me go get a beer at mignight. Wouldnt want to give him any reason to suspect i brought any back or am drinking on the job.

Happy Birthday u lil guy u! Ill have a beer for u instead, and itll be a good beer not the crappy 3

Thanks Big Cat! I knew you'd have my back!!! :headshake

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol.. My first thought was an oil rig in the middle of a sea with Starbucks on it. :lol:
Haha man, that would be AWESOME! Haha but no i work land rigs, i am currently in Wheeler, Tx. The closest starbucks to me is back in Oklahoma City, so i bought starbucks cofffee beans, and grind them and make my own coffee out here. Its not as good as from the store, but its as close as i can get.....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts