Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gen 1
39,000 miles

So I got her off the track about a year ago, and have been piecing her back together for street duty. I recently installed euro-style front left & right flush mount turn signal indicators, and upon plugging them into their respective clips, they did not work. I traced their respective wires back into the wiring harness, and nothing looks cut nor visibly damaged. When I activate the actuator on the clip-on my dash will blink, but it is in a very quick series of flashes. That made me think that it was a resistance issue in the circuit as, it is of note, I do not have rear indicators installed as of yet. So then I put a multimeter to the front left & right plugs to check them, and there's no juice. Then I pulled the seat to check the fuses, and that 10 amp looks just fine.

So does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do now? I can't stand using hand signals, and most people don't understand them anyhow. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Pretty normal problem. There are a bunch of solutions, but what I did for mine in the past was get a "fixed flasher relay" at a auto parts store. These dont care what load is on the circuit, the flash is controlled electronically. That way you can have 1 or 50 blinkers and nothing changes.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VALLARTA <> Hello, and thank you for your input although I'm a bit confused. Are you suggesting that the OEM relay may have failed which is why my blinkers won't illuminate? If so, that would be a fantastically easy fix! I'm over here worrying about having to replace my entire wiring harness.:frown2:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Reactions: Melampus

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PORSCHE <> Then so it will be! That's what I'll jump in to next time on the bike. Ordering now.

Thank you, both!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was it; THANK YOU!

I replaced the flasher relay, and problem's solved. :wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts