Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you turn off all of these super annoying adds, and video's on the new site layout? I have tried to turn them off, and they just keep playing. Many times there are 2 video's playing at the same time over top of each other. They took a site that was great and just totally screwed it up. I'm tempted to just not bother coming here anymore. I come here because I own a ZX10R, not to be forced to listen to a stupid video about a yamaha 320 starter bike. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
How do you turn off all of these super annoying adds, and video's on the new site layout? I have tried to turn them off, and they just keep playing. Many times there are 2 video's playing at the same time over top of each other. They took a site that was great and just totally screwed it up. I'm tempted to just not bother coming here anymore. I come here because I own a ZX10R, not to be forced to listen to a stupid video about a yamaha 320 starter bike. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike.
:crackup: Amen to this!

·
Registered
617 Posts
What's even worse is I like to go through the forum topics and open
several topics in several tabs and they all start playing at once.

Sucks. specially at work and don't want anyone to know I surfing
the forum.

I do believe though if you make sure you are logged in, it will kill
the sound from the ads.

·
The Pace
6,931 Posts
ad block helps but also go to adware and down their free whatever then buy their upgrade as it replaces norton and the other guys and does an excellent job up till now.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

the forum.

the sound from the ads.
with adblock plus i haven't seen a single video ad yet.

ad block helps but also go to adware and down their free whatever then buy their upgrade as it replaces norton and the other guys and does an excellent job up till now.
you say helps, i say solves the problem. i don't get ads, on any websites, anywhere, using chrome as my browser, and its completely free free

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Adblock Plus https://adblockplus.org/

i haven't seen ads in years. and i agree, it's fucking annoying. i've never intentionally clicked on one either, can't believe it somehow generates money
This Seems to work so far but if you read the post below some Companies may not allow installation of programs I think a plugin though will work and it seems this is one. :wink:

the forum.

the sound from the ads.
At work you have to make sure your sound is always turned way down or what I do Is I always plug in ear phones to the Laptop just encase I forget. :idea:

I believe your right also if logged in you will not experience the Videos playing.

Going to move this Thread to the Out House as it does not relate to "General Motorcycle" discussions I could move it to the Help and Suggestions forum but there is already a Very Active Topic on the New Site changes your welcome to post there if the suggestions so far were no help...thanks

Bloo

·
Registered
254 Posts
adblock and adblockplus, i never see ads on anything anymore including youtube. Best extension to have IMO, plus you can customize it to except what you need. ITs free :)

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
:+1: to my O.G. Honez. I set the default in the user cp to the old green apple. No problems.
Two OG's that think alike. :eek:ccasion1:

I usually don't mind ads if they are non intrusive and are pertainant to the site I am on. Intrusive video ads and pop ups are the worst and need to be destroyed.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,018 Posts
Two OG's that think alike. :eek:ccasion1:

I usually don't mind ads if they are non intrusive and are pertainant to the site I am on. Intrusive video ads and pop ups are the worst and need to be destroyed.
Non-ninnie O.G's I might add. :grin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts