Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turn the key to on, the kill switch off, and fuel injection primes and then at the end of priming I hear a squeeky sound. IDK what or where its coming from but it doesn't sound healthy. Hit the button and regardless of how cold she is she fires right up without any hesitation.

Any clues?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I turn the key to on, the kill switch off, and fuel injection primes and then at the end of priming I hear a squeeky sound. IDK what or where its coming from but it doesn't sound healthy. Hit the button and regardless of how cold she is she fires right up without any hesitation.

Any clues?
Are you talking about the exhaust valve servo motor? down the passegner seat?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Put your head between the front and rear seat, see if that noise is coming from there, if not, do the steps over again and this time be on the right side of the bike and put your ear near the rearset. Go do it and come back and tell me if the sounds are near where I stated.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Put your head between the front and rear seat, see if that noise is coming from there, if not, do the steps over again and this time be on the right side of the bike and put your ear near the rearset. Go do it and come back and tell me if the sounds are near where I stated.
If the servo motor sqeeks what does that mean? Is the noise normal or do we (I) need new motor?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it's it but the squeeky sound makes it sound old, will an aftermarket kit replace the servo? If I can find a rear seat or cowl I'll be set with the fairings I ordered! Can't wait, ps ordered new rad mount brackets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts