Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awesome day at Buttonwillow......had a blast chasing and passing guys.....how's it feel to be passed by a 67 Y O guy??..........hahahaha

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I normally ride A group, but decided to ride B because I had a pulled muscle in my leg....sheit...I was passing everyone...I got black flagged at the end of the first session for passing too close...sheit...guys were all over the place...

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I normally ride A group, but decided to ride B because I had a pulled muscle in my leg....sheit...I was passing everyone...I got black flagged at the end of the first session for passing too close...sheit...guys were all over the place...
Off topic..

I ride 100% street and god willing I'll do my first ever track day next year.

I was considering changing the gearing for better low end pull so I can wheelie this thing a lot easier, but I don't want to lose topend pull. We have plenty of open HWY in my area and the guys I ride with are on 1000's. We are all pretty close in skills but I have the fastest bike and I'm the lightest at 174LBS, so even when those guys get a small jump I can walk by them.

i don't want to lose that advantage.

Can I change gearing and still keep that 185MPH top speed? I have not done the flash yet... Bike is bone stock with regards to HP mods.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Off topic..

I ride 100% street and god willing I'll do my first ever track day next year.

I was considering changing the gearing for better low end pull so I can wheelie this thing a lot easier, but I don't want to lose topend pull. We have plenty of open HWY in my area and the guys I ride with are on 1000's. We are all pretty close in skills but I have the fastest bike and I'm the lightest at 174LBS, so even when those guys get a small jump I can walk by them.

i don't want to lose that advantage.

Can I change gearing and still keep that 185MPH top speed? I have not done the flash yet... Bike is bone stock with regards to HP mods.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
I'm up two in the back but also have had my ECU reflashed to raise my rpm to 14,000 and you can even go higher...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm 65 and love it more now than ever.

Keep going old guy, you are an inspiration to us much younger people. But you need to tell me something. I fell off a bunch in the dirt and flat tracking and it hurt like every thing when I was 20 years old. what does it feel like at 67?

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My whole body hurts...(just my thighs and the pulled leg muscle)....right now...after a track day....I just take some Advil and go back to put my bike back to street trim....LOL

Sheit...last year I broke my collar bone and 4 ribs at Buttonwillow riding A group....shit happens...no big deal....

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
Keep inspiring us! I was 45 my first track day, I remember thinking, Dear God why didnt I do this 20 years ago! I have wasted 20 years of my life!! Then I see guys like you and think, hey maybe I can do this another 20 years!!

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They came by later and told me I should have been bumped to A group....LOL...it's more fun humiliating you younger guys...I went through half the tread in my Q-3's...

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
:notworthy: I was one of the guy that was in your way :spit:
Crashed out on the 2nd. session on the first lap :headshake..
Had her fixed up and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon sessions..

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hats off to you!

I can remember racing in the late 60's when I was 20 year old and thinking how old the 32 and 34 year old guys were. Dick Mann was at the height of his career and they talked about how old he was at 37. (He wasn't old he was a baby) I rode in Lakewood on dirt on a one mile beginners class, no equipment , no knowledge, no money, on a old BSA. I never qualified. It was a blast but the dirt was wickedly fast. I had to constantly work the bike to stay on the track. The dam motorcycle would move all over the red clay track while accelerating or even worst when you backed off. The track was full of ruts, bumps and "marbles" and I was totally worn out after 10 laps. (Dick Mann and the other pros would glide around the track.) I was 20 years old and I still feel some of the falls. Jennings Florida is just down the road and I think about it but I don't think I will. Asphalt is a whole new game and this old dog is not up for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts