Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it's not gonna be as good as ginja ninja's but i have a small turbo from a diesel ranger that will work perfect and i plan to run low boost.I have to be very careful with detonation but i think that 5-7psi should be just fine with this set up.I am waiting for the warranty to expire so i can do this.I'll post pics when i start and keep you guys updated.This will prolly happen next winter or maybe in the spring depends on how much is involved when i dig into it.But it is gonna get done before the next summer after this.Also i might end up getting a haltech for the bike to control the spark and fuel since i have one on my car.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
scottymizt said:
well it's not gonna be as good as ginja ninja's but i have a small turbo from a diesel ranger that will work perfect and i plan to run low boost.I have to be very careful with detonation but i think that 5-7psi should be just fine with this set up.I am waiting for the warranty to expire so i can do this.I'll post pics when i start and keep you guys updated.This will prolly happen next winter or maybe in the spring depends on how much is involved when i dig into it.But it is gonna get done before the next summer after this.Also i might end up getting a haltech for the bike to control the spark and fuel since i have one on my car.
Are you serious?

Do you want it just to have or do you really think you need it?

Why don't you just get a backpack mounted rocket.

How about the solid motor that guy just used to travel to outerspace and back.

It was made using a combation of Tire Rubber and N02

Seems easy enough to obtain and less overall fabercaction.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
SOunds nice, if I could make one with a bypass I would surely do it.
Cop gets behind you and switch that bad boy on...gone in 4 seconds about 1 mile ahead of the guy. 5th gear wheelies would be fun too.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
A buddy has a turbo Gixxer 1k. It's putting out a very ridable 190+ HP on pump fuel. He learned a lot from the mistakes he made with the first motor (notice- 2nd motor). As for why? Why not?? I would love to see a turbo 10 in person. Riding it would be just that much better! As for too much hp... wrist control... all about the wrist control...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
exactly mikyl my car makes some good power but i keep myself ticket free by not beating on it all the time on the street.I plan to drag race alot at the local track so that will make some people look also :) Talking about it is getting me excited to put it on to bad i have to wait til april til my warranty gives out.Oh well if it is going to be like i think i should have it on in a few weeks after the warranty is out.The best thing is that the only thing i will have to adjust is basically the fuel which i can do with a pc and i will slowly turn the boost up to see if 5-7psi is acceptable.I know it is on n/a cars but most n/a cars don't have the compression ratio our bikes do.Another good thing is the response shouldn't be affected cuz the compression is going to be stock so it should still have the grunt of a stock 10 but more top end(not that it needs it).

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I'd do it now. Turbos, like NOS, have a way of finding the weak link on a bike and breaking it. If it breaks under warantee, put it back stock and bring in for service.

..submitter not responcible for the legalities of his suggestions...

·
Registered
184 Posts
My friend has a gsxr1k and is on the second motor, tuning is a major pain in the ass and its unrideable in town. you cant cruise on it without it surging.. just use NOS its a lot easier.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i like a challenge and i am use to turbos i have one on my car.I tuned the whole engine management system in it myself i think i can handle this :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts