·
Registered
180 Posts
Looks expensive.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks. The current record in the class is 218mph, so I'd like to beat that. My goal for the year is 250mph in the mile.

Because I do all my own work, it hasn't been that expensive of a project, relatively speaking.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
dean, you build a mean machine! the fastest liter bike record right, what was your previous record at again?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tire is a Pirelli, I think Diablo 2CT 180/50. I wanted a medium compound, used tire. I chunked a pair of Supercorsa take-offs at Loring last year.

This bike is the fastest 1000cc on pavement - 245.3mph in a mile and a half. Joe Amo has been faster at the Bonneville salt flats, on a very streamlined bike, with totally enclosed rear.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
The tire is a Pirelli, I think Diablo 2CT 180/50. I wanted a medium compound, used tire. I chunked a pair of Supercorsa take-offs at Loring last year.

This bike is the fastest 1000cc on pavement - 245.3mph in a mile and a half. Joe Amo has been faster at the Bonneville salt flats, on a very streamlined bike, with totally enclosed rear.
:eyecrazy:WOW thats fast! What kind of suspension mods are on it?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only suspension changes are the swingarm extensions and lowering links. I would lower it more, but becomes a pain to transport. Once I run out of power I will start focusing on chassis and aero.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Just for the bike picture and in admiration of you labor; what's all been done to your bike?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Warp speed, by the looks of it. :spit:

Looks good.
No that's ludicrous speed...way to represent as always and hope you get your target. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts