Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Turbo Questions?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  kawi9 
#1 ·
K so i think this winter im gonna buy a turbo setup.Ive wanted one for a while and feel i have enough years of ridin under my belt and some money to buy one but i have a couple questions.

1. Is there anyway to conceal the air filter?
2. Can you still run some sort of slipon exhaust as the cops around here arent to friendly to open exhaust? How loud is a typical turbo setup

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks a bunch

#2 ·
There are several members here that are very knowledgeable with turbos (Vince10r, hesaves, redline), maybe they will chime in and answer some of your questions.

#3 · (Edited)
Turbo is a little louder than a slip on but not louder than a d&d slipon exhaust. Because of the turbo being in the exhaust system. As far as a full exhaust system to quite it down im working on building a kit for the zx10 with a custom slip on since no manufacture is making one at this time.

Im working on concealing a filter as well i found one i just need to see if it will work on turbo im planning on using for the kit.

#4 ·
Thanks for the help. Please keep me posted as this will probably be my winter project and still have lots of time lol.

#5 ·
The turbo keep around 30% of sound. You can run with short slip on. But with full system you will lose some power, if you compare with short straight open exhaust. I lose 10whp at 8psi with full system vs staight pipe, but it's less noise for daily ride and no problem with police. Check the link

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57449

You can buy a short K&N air filter for don't cut the fairing. I cut my K&N air filter for sleeper look.

#6 · (Edited)
The turbo keep around 30% of sound. You can run with short slip on. But with full system you will lose some power, if you compare with short straight open exhaust. I lose 10whp at 8psi with full system vs staight pipe, but it's less noise for daily ride and no problem with police. Check the link

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57449

You can buy a short K&N air filter for don't cut the fairing. I cut my K&N air filter for sleeper look.
:iamwithst

:heyyou:also, the search button works great

as far as the air filter goes, your best bet for performance would likely be to just deal with it. having a smaller air filter may impact your turbo's spooling or hp output. but what ever you do run an air filter!

#10 ·
:+1:

It's not a problem, i push some water in my motor with my Water/Methanol system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.