Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering what everbody thinks about ethier doing motor mods or going with a turbo and 68in swing arm all i do is bracket drag this bike little to no street riding i would like to run 5.5s 1/8 ,thanks

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
turbo...but then you will charge everything. Im hooking up a exhaust pipe to my cats ass to speed him up!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Better get the check book out, to be consistent on a turbo you'll have to spend big money. The turbo would be alot of fun, but all motor or nitrous would still be fast for a lot less.

·
Registered
620 Posts
depending on how fast you wanna go. you can do 5.5's on a built motor. you can get alot more grudge races with a built motor/nitrous. once you put that turbo on you aint gettin any races unless you cant ride the thing or its againts another turbo. Once you start makin serious power like that and you can ride that thing you better just love to race by your self or get into sometype of racing some where.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I can tell ya doing a turbo would be cheaper than motor work. I've got everything done to my motor with the exception of a new crank and it doesn't even come close to what a turbo would get you on low boost.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i dont know if this will help but i went to the strip a while back and a guy on a gsxr1000 turbo was running in the 7's 1/4 mile. but he weight like 130-140 lbs in gear. he was also running like 17lbs of boost i belive. You can try looking up a company called Roaring Toys, they are located here is FL and they do alot of custom bikes and could prob help you out!

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
i dont know if this will help but i went to the strip a while back and a guy on a gsxr1000 turbo was running in the 7's 1/4 mile. but he weight like 130-140 lbs in gear. he was also running like 17lbs of boost i belive. You can try looking up a company called Roaring Toys, they are located here is FL and they do alot of custom bikes and could prob help you out!
roaring toys bikes are running cycle logic turbo's

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've seen alot of 66 inch + street tire bikes have trouble hooking up when the tracks not that great - i.e. braket racing
:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've seen alot of 66 inch + street tire bikes have trouble hooking up when the tracks not that great - i.e. braket racing
:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1
yea i have to agree. running high boost that track better pull your shoe off that foot to get some traction, lol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys for all the feedback i just dont want to do put 3,000 in the motor,ex etc or just buy a turbo for maybe 1000 to 1500 more and go alot faster :dontknow: we have a pretty good track most of the time but i was wondering about 68" traction as well would i still be able to get away with the shinko or would a better tire ?? does anybody know what kind of hp i could get with high comp pistons and cams ??porting ?? is 200hp out of range ?? thanks again guys

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
XS. here is the exact answer to your question.
http://www.mrturbo.com/charge2.html

Also the turbo app. allows not only air to be forced threw it allows heat to be forced out. I hate to put it this way but the zx14's heating issue is solved with a $5000 product.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
You're not going to get 200hp out of the bike on race gas with $3000 in motor work. That won't get you far at all. With probably around $5000-$6000 in motor work, you might see high 180s or low 190s on race fuel.

BTW, if you want power out of motor work. You best move up to a 1077cc engine (3mil bore). You need that, cams, head gasket, head work, timing eliminator, timing module, full exhaust system, valve springs, and a few other little nit nats, and race fuel.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
turbo looking better all the time!!! anybody know anything about a turbo thats been on ebay for 3,500ish it was a new kit somone was selling ?? they had them for busas to did anybody buy one ??

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I cant tell what year your bike is... the pic is small. however if it's a 04-05 zx10miami has a muzzy kit for sale. the zx10r kit needs to be a muzzys kit. the zx10 responds nice to it.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
turbo looking better all the time!!! anybody know anything about a turbo thats been on ebay for 3,500ish it was a new kit somone was selling ?? they had them for busas to did anybody buy one ??
The turbo will be great if you are interested in a radical motorcycle and a demon on the drag strip. However turbos are less rideable around town. The motor work done to my bike will end up costing just as much as a turbo, but won't have as high hp numbers. However mind is somewhat of a sleeper cause everything is internal and mine is still very rideable around town.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I ride my bike around town..... hell i can go get a gallon of milk in about 30 seconds!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts