Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone had a good site to buy a exhaust manifold or if anyone has one lying around thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna hopefully talk to my welder soon and see what he can do cuz this is definitely a budget build lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...I don't want to sound like a dick, but there is no such thing as a budget turbo build on a modern bike. :headshake If you use cheap stuff or cut corners, it gets real expensive after the fact. Fair warning. :badteeth:
im not cutting corners but im also not paying 5000 for a turbo kit when u can piece one together for a 1/5th of that everything that needs to be done right will be but no sense in paying for an expensive turbo or wastegate or anything like that when a cheap turbo will do the same thing

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Just don't get one of the Chinese turbos off eBay. If you are patient you can find a decent remanufactured Garrett for $350.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
....Hey your bike, do as you like. :) Just sharing some hard-learned info. Cheap turbo is ok so long as it as a QUALITY turbo you got for cheap (what that Fast Guy above me said).

But if you think you're going to get a quality turbo w/wastegate, injectors, intake plenum, charge piping, clutch springs, manifold, downpipe, fuel regulator/management, lines, gauges, oil feed & return, and all the mapping/required tuning for less than 1000 bucks, you're in for a less than pleasant surprise.

I built my own set-up for my C14 pretty much from scratch.... maybe used 300 bucks worth of parts from Cycle Logic. Well over two thousand dollars later it was running, and I still had to do all my own welding & tuning (and I was using stock injectors). Hell, the GT28RS was almost a thousand dollars by itself new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts