Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So thought i would post up this kit to make you crazy guys that want a turbo aware of it on ebay and see what everyone thought about the quality of one of these kits. Anyone ever get one of these kits off ebay? How was the quality? I almost bought one for my jetta 1.8t a while back but was kinda leary about it. Heres the link - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-2007-Kawasaki-ZX-10R-ZX10R-Ninja-Turbo-System_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35595QQihZ005QQitemZ150209080865QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW whatcha guys think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd question this kit just because the 04/05 kits and the 06/07 kits are "supposedly" not compatible. Reason i know this is because Velocity is the only company currently offering a kit for the 06/07 .................... well, besides this guy. LOL

Muzzy doesn't even offer an 06/07 kit yet. None of the companies currently offer a freakin' lockup yet either for the 06/07.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i thought you already had most of your kit?

im still researching turbos and turbo kits as well before i jump into anykind of investment. message turboten or redline for advice, theyre full of knowledge! but for a stand alone kit, velocity seems to be the only way to go.
as far as that ebay kit goes, it looks like a solid deal to me. it comes w a garrett turbo which is better than any turbonetics from what i hear, an internal westgate, its tig welded...
id consider buying that kit, that guys reviews are pretty good.
on a lesser note, 6lbs of boost may not be safe for the stock motor. ask him if he can preset it to 5psi instead. considering 6psi gets you 225hp im sure 5 will get you at least 210hp after tune.

:badteeth:
:badteeth:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought one of their systems for my gixxer.....seems like good quality stuff. pretty similar to velocity's kits. Found a few people who purchased kits from Andrew (owner), they had nothing bad to say about his kits performance or parts quality.

He did have a issue with delivering the kits on time though...he may have got that issue worked out though....that was last year.

I spoke with Andrew on the phone before I ordered my kit, seems to be pretty knowledgeable.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
In my research i have found that when it comes to turbo's the company per bike makes the difference. EX....
04-05 zx10r muzzy!
06-08 zx14 cycle logic
sazuk guys need to stick to velocity. there R&R guy is johny turbo down in sarasota.
nothing really out there yet for the 06-07 zx10r
cbr 1000rr cycle logic
Coming soon R-1 once again cycle logic.
That should help you guys when loking for a kit.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
In my research i have found that when it comes to turbo's the company per bike makes the difference. EX....
04-05 zx10r muzzy!
muzzy uses turbonetics which in no way compares to the velocity kit and that ebay kit because both use gerrett turbos which are widely used amongst drag racers.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
did a search on this guy. Seems that he had some big problems with taking money and not delivering parts. google forced air sytem technology
what in particular am i looking for when i search "forced air system technology"?

oh nmn, i found some angry squidsters in the suzuki forums. apparently the guy had a small history in regards to poor communication and not shipping the product. shit happens. but his ebay rating seems pretty good. he offers his phone number too. besides if i pay w my credit card and he doesnt front the kit then all i do is call the claims department and im refunded. like the ad says "for your security".

·
Registered
40 Posts
muzzy uses turbonetics which in no way compares to the velocity kit and that ebay kit because both use gerrett turbos which are widely used amongst drag racers.
:lol: turbonetic turbos begin life as garrett turbos.....mitsubishi, IHI, and garett are the heavy hitters in the turbo world. there are other smaller companies like holeset, master power, etc...

·
Registered
152 Posts
My friend actually owns the bike in that picture, he sent Andrew the bike last winter to develop the kit. I know he was not happy with the time frame of how long it took to get the bike back, but seemed really pleased with the performace when he got it back. He had them set it up with an adjustable boost controller to run either 6 or 10 psi if I remember right. made 225 on 6 and I think around 275 with 10psi. First time he ran at high boost though it pushed his throttle bodies out of the boots. He has yet to actually get the bike dialled in and running good times.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
what in particular am i looking for when i search "forced air system technology"?

oh nmn, i found some angry squidsters in the suzuki forums. apparently the guy had a small history in regards to poor communication and not shipping the product. shit happens. but his ebay rating seems pretty good. he offers his phone number too. besides if i pay w my credit card and he doesnt front the kit then all i do is call the claims department and im refunded. like the ad says "for your security".
just dont like to see people getting screwed. I read on one of the forums that he had changed his ebay name that could be why hes got good feedback now. Also read thread that owner himself apologized for the things happening in the past and was going to try to make good on that stuff.(dont know how that panned out for the guys that got screwed) in my own personal life everytime I try to take the cheap way out it ends up costing me a whole lot more. I'm ordering a turbo for my 10 in the next few weeks right now Im looking hard at velocity's kit unless I find something better.:thumbsup:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
My friend actually owns the bike in that picture, he sent Andrew the bike last winter to develop the kit. I know he was not happy with the time frame of how long it took to get the bike back, but seemed really pleased with the performace when he got it back. He had them set it up with an adjustable boost controller to run either 6 or 10 psi if I remember right. made 225 on 6 and I think around 275 with 10psi. First time he ran at high boost though it pushed his throttle bodies out of the boots. He has yet to actually get the bike dialled in and running good times.
wow hows it been running lately? does he run it daily at 6 psi? im worried that 6psi may be to much on the motor. is it important to allow the engine to idle for a while before shutting the bike off like you would on a turbo'd car, ie turbo timer? the ad states that the 6psi boost begins to build from 3500rpm, considering that people say to maintain the motor and turbo you should allow the turbo to cool around 20 minutes between boost, how could a turbo be good for a street bike?

just dont like to see people getting screwed. I read on one of the forums that he had changed his ebay name that could be why hes got good feedback now. Also read thread that owner himself apologized for the things happening in the past and was going to try to make good on that stuff.(dont know how that panned out for the guys that got screwed) in my own personal life everytime I try to take the cheap way out it ends up costing me a whole lot more. I'm ordering a turbo for my 10 in the next few weeks right now Im looking hard at velocity's kit unless I find something better.:thumbsup:
yea, im leaning towards velocity myself contact our member turboten if youre ready to buy a velocity, hes got the hook up. :eek:ccasion1

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
ah i just had a couple conserning turbo operation questions on post #12 i was curious about.
busy this weekend...who knows, gimme a call dude. if you get voice mail leave a message ill call you back

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Doesnt andrew have the plenum bolted or hose clamped down around the throttle bodies so it cant blow off? Also for those interested all FAST ebay sales were pulled off recently, I dont know why but the member has nothing at all for sale when I checked today.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Doesnt andrew have the plenum bolted or hose clamped down around the throttle bodies so it cant blow off? Also for those interested all FAST ebay sales were pulled off recently, I dont know why but the member has nothing at all for sale when I checked today.
Not the one we saw,,, It was a frigging mess,,,,, OH and run 10psi through a stock motor and it will grenade:thumbsup:

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'd question this kit just because the 04/05 kits and the 06/07 kits are "supposedly" not compatible. Reason i know this is because Velocity is the only company currently offering a kit for the 06/07 .................... well, besides this guy. LOL

Muzzy doesn't even offer an 06/07 kit yet. None of the companies currently offer a freakin' lockup yet either for the 06/07.
I could be wrong but I thought the lockup for the 04 05 will will in a 06 or 07, I dont think there are any differences in that department

·
Registered
522 Posts
that looks like a pretty good kit to me from the pics atleast.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow hows it been running lately? does he run it daily at 6 psi? im worried that 6psi may be to much on the motor. is it important to allow the engine to idle for a while before shutting the bike off like you would on a turbo'd car, ie turbo timer? the ad states that the 6psi boost begins to build from 3500rpm, considering that people say to maintain the motor and turbo you should allow the turbo to cool around 20 minutes between boost, how could a turbo be good for a street bike?
i dont see why you would have to let it cool 20 mins between boostin it?? i know on my turbo car its recommended to let it sit for 30 seconds before you shut it up to let cool oil run through the turbo just my :2cents: though ill call you sometime this weekend bro :eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 53 Posts