Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Turbo Harley LSR Shenanigans

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  SpazOnaZX 
#1 · (Edited)
What's up y'all? Speed Week @ Bonneville is just a few days away, and I figured I'd share some progress on the non-ZX10R stuff. :)

We had an incredible amount of stuff to do in the off season, and sadly got about half of it done. I got the 10r back together (bonus!), but we did get the 2007 HD Dyna updated with a stout new fuel system, a few aero mods (cut tank and front fender), and the new G25-660 turbo system. The dyno graph results speak for themselves on that one! To be fair, I had an extra psi of boost in over the baseline run... vanity struck and I wanted to see that number. >:)

Next season will be new Ecu's for both bikes, and a G25-660 set up for the partially streamlined HD Dyna with a water-to-air ice box intercooler. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
...first event was mostly rained out. Body bike was the fastest bike of the meet, but waaaaay off the usual pace. Hopefully next week I'll have some better updates! Naked bike got a few shakedown passes in and looks promising... thinking they'll be some 200+ mph passes in for it if the track comes together! :)

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
....not that I'll ever do it, but I could turn that set-up up another 10-15psi... that would put it in the 500hp/411tq range at 30 psi. I'm pretty sure but my V8 M3 doesn't make that much torque with a supercharger on it right now. :ROFLMAO:

Here's a few shots under the skirt, so to speak... a little rough, but all prototype stuff right now.

Attachments

#9 ·
Damn that is a beautiful setup. So fast!

Reactions: SpazOnaZX
#12 ·
So, while we are on the subject.... let's share some highlights from this year. :)

Mixed bag this year... Speed week was a bummer, as my Triumph didn't make it due to ECU issues (and then later some oil system issues), and my partner caught some pneumonia the week before we left. We stayed in a hotel almost the whole week letting him recover, but got a couple test passes in and got our other rider up to his B license for next year.

The Motorcycle Speed Trials came back this year, and it felt great to see the extended family again. The nekkid bike went 197/198 off the trailer; good enough for a AMA national AND FIM world record, so we settled on that one and brought out the 'fast' bike. We were having stability issues with the new bodywork/chassis set up, but the rider could get around it a little bit with body position. Shakedown run went 218; bike was still on wastegate/low boost. I wanted to go up one spring size, but got a little bullied into going up 2 sizes... from about 7psi to 13. Salt was a little slippery, especially early in the week, but the rider is a bad ass and had it in hand. Most of the way through the measured mile and he said he hears a BANG, feels like he gets hit in the foot with a hammer, and the bike goes dead stick.... coasts to a 222mph average. The primary chain had just about enough of our shit and decided it was done for the season. He kept the bike upright amazingly enough, but the damage was bad enough to put it out for the event. Here is a little video link interview if you're interested:

Jay stuck around for the World of Speed event the next meet with the nekkid bike, though I had to come back to the day job in AZ. I left the set-up alone and set the wastegate duty to about 26% (maybe 14-15psi), and the madman put up a pair of new SCTA national records around 206 & 208 mph! No fairing!! Pushrod aircooled motors!!! I think we have one more season in that bike before we move to something new... I'd like to see a 215-220 out of it before I call it quits on that platform. :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.