Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am no stranger to building and installing turbo systems on cars. I have now made up my mind and am going to turbo my 04 Zx10. What are most guys running for turbos? Are most of you running a kit or homemade? What are you using for tunning? Pc3 or something else.

Thanks for the help
Jeff

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a water to air intercooled zx-10. Its a drag bike but is fully streetable. I am running a billet wheeled gt35 with a t3 hotside. Its commonly called a gt3082 but with a billet comp wheel. It made 463 roughly on 29 lbs of boost. Prolly could have gone a lil more but its hard to apply that kind of power on a dyno. I had 650cc injectors on it but will be moving to 825's for more fuel as the 650's were stretched out pretty hard. I am using a PCIII with ignition module and hub with map sensor and rising rate reg 1 to 1. I have had zero issues tuning it but I only run c-16 and show no signs of detonation. There are a few others on here that know what they are talking about.

One thing to keep in mind is try to aim for an end goal with the bike. What do you ultimately want to do with it. Aim for the end result and you will be happy as long as you spend money in the right spots.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. How are you running you w/a ic setup? This bike will be mainly a street bike left at stock wheel base. I am thinking the gt 35 is to large. I'm going more along the lines of a 30 or something in the BW 200 series.

Who did your header and do you have any pictures of it?

Jeff

·
Registered
819 Posts
We did the whole setup. Water to air inter cooler is a PWR barrel that sits up in the front fairing. The tank is in the swingarm. If your going to keep it stock wheel base I would go with a gt28 bb turbo. if the motor will stay stock, then keep it at say 4-6 lbs of boost and it should be just fine with a healthy tune up in it.

Rough mock up of the intercooler

Water tank

·
Registered
208 Posts
hey, thats a really big woodpecker!! is it real!?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
see sig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts