Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright O got my turbo, mounted fine, then put the intake maniford, went on fine... then i try to connect the 2 with the pipe and.... theres a problem, I cant figure it out, the fan on the radiatior seems to be in the way, its a pain in the ass to get everything to fit, any suggestions

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
ah man you may have got in over your head my friend

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a clusterfuck of shit all right there, Im sure I can figure it oout I just gotta take the time and I dont have the patcients for it right this moment

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
could that pipe be in upside down? turbo can be clocked if need be to get the outlet facing the correct direction. If I were you I would cut that ugly ass, non flowing 90 off the intake and redo it with somekind of radius to match the other pipe. will flow much nicer. Oh yeah and whoever welded that up has no business with a torch in there hand.

·
Registered
819 Posts
When we designed my setup we ended up switching the fan over to the other side of the radiator,,,, it made alot more room:lol:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
moved the fan today, it all hooks up now, cept I gotta trim the bodywork now to make room for the radiator.... god damnit lol, thank god the bike wasnt painted yet or Id be pissed, wouldnt wonna cut into the new paint

·
Registered
141 Posts
turbo 10? that sounds like a fun project. are you going to be using the stock fuel system? what about an intercooler? what size turbo????

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a smaller turbo and no intercooler, lack of room, stock fuel system works with it, no need to replace injectors

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cut the fairings and quite being a pooosyyy:crackup:
lol I will, I just wanted to do it before I painted everyhing, didnt want to risk putting un necessary scratches in it

Best place to take oil outta the bike and run it into the turbo? plan on tapping the oil pan for the return

·
Registered
141 Posts
lol I will, I just wanted to do it before I painted everyhing, didnt want to risk putting un necessary scratches in it

Best place to take oil outta the bike and run it into the turbo? plan on tapping the oil pan for the return
find out if the turbo needs or doesnt need high oil pressure. this can cause premature turbo failure. if it doesnt need high oil pressure i would "guess" somewhere in the cylinder head is where you want to run your oil pressure from. if it needs oil pressure then you probably want to find something near the oil pump...

·
Registered
819 Posts
There are two galley plugs that are the best places to tap,,, one on the left and one on the right towards the bottom front of the motor, You can take them out with a big allen key. To control flow into the turbo there are restrictor (pretty sure that is spelled wrong) valves but those are mostly for BB garrets which you don't have so don't worry about it. The best place to tap to flow oil back into the bike, "IF" you are not going to run a scavenge pump is towards the front of the pan and as high on the pan as possible but still below the turbo. If you are going to run a scavenge pump, put it where ever you want :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you that is good advice lol, im pretty sure the oil line has the needed fitting to go righ into the large allen key port, if I wanted to run a scavenge pump you put it in the return line right, seems logical but just making sure

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i baught the fitting today to put in my oil pan but im waiting on the right size drill and tap, umm and Im gonna get another intake tube made without the flange so I dont have to weld it up

·
Registered
141 Posts
i baught the fitting today to put in my oil pan but im waiting on the right size drill and tap, umm and Im gonna get another intake tube made without the flange so I dont have to weld it up
i know alot of people who just drill a hole big enough for a 10 an fitting in the oil pan just weld the fitting straight to the pan. this would help with oil leaks since you only have to tighten 1 fitting...

·
Registered
141 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts