Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New turbo set up on a zx10r, 2007 model and wish to get some input on a few different questions please. First we have two motors, one a stocker with 13.5-1 c/r and other has JE 9.5 pistons , do these bikes still require the TRE and will it help to remove the socondary throttle plates in the throttle bodies to iimprove responce? does anyone recomend a fuel map for starters on these applications? any and all information is greatly appriciated, Testimony3

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
A TRE is not required. Removing the throttle plates is not required, but is probably a good idea. You will need to create your own maps, it is turbo kit and bike specific. Decide on the subthrottle plates before mapping of course. If you are really lost, contact Velocity or Muzzys and beg for one of their maps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my second turbo project and I am not really new however, good information is always on the top of my list. It is a velocity and I have begged however, Ken and the others tell me there is no map for a 10! take it to a dyno and I hve a map or two that works just looking to better or make better all I can. The secondary plates are now out and it is more responsive but still has "in my opinion" a real lack of power. considering all i have spent and done. my busa responded much better to the forced induction. thanks and keep on riding.

·
Registered
598 Posts
This is my second turbo project and I am not really new however, good information is always on the top of my list. It is a velocity and I have begged however, Ken and the others tell me there is no map for a 10! take it to a dyno and I hve a map or two that works just looking to better or make better all I can. The secondary plates are now out and it is more responsive but still has "in my opinion" a real lack of power. considering all i have spent and done. my busa responded much better to the forced induction. thanks and keep on riding.
Them is fightn' words 'round here! lol. Good luck with the build and please post pics of your progress.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i would think removing the secondaries wouldve been the first thing anyone boosting a bike would do

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Results

By removing the secondaries the throttle is more responsive and with six lbs of boost it runs good and the second stage is not being used yet due to the 13.5 -1 pistons still in the engine, it wants to burn now! I have all the fuel it will use and the cyl temps are still way to high to last. Putting together a 9.5-1 motor now and will boost it properly then. No tre is required for a zx10 I guess.I will post pics when i can. Its and 07 with velocity g-28 and water injection, 2 stage setup with power commander usb, air shifter w/dana shiftminder and streched 8" and lowered to the ground.A 535 chain and sprockets have been installed, broke the 525 and a swingarm, almost got me.Any info that can help is appriciated.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
you dont happen to have a spare intake plenum for sale do ya??? lol... I need a intake plenum for my bike... lmk if ya have any leads as well!

·
Registered
90 Posts
By removing the secondaries the throttle is more responsive and with six lbs of boost it runs good and the second stage is not being used yet due to the 13.5 -1 pistons still in the engine, it wants to burn now! I have all the fuel it will use and the cyl temps are still way to high to last. Putting together a 9.5-1 motor now and will boost it properly then. No tre is required for a zx10 I guess.I will post pics when i can. Its and 07 with velocity g-28 and water injection, 2 stage setup with power commander usb, air shifter w/dana shiftminder and streched 8" and lowered to the ground.A 535 chain and sprockets have been installed, broke the 525 and a swingarm, almost got me.Any info that can help is appriciated.
I have a 04 with Muzzy kit and just dyno 254hp and 109 lb torque. You don't say what your using for fuel management other than power commander. Mine didn't respond well till we got a boost signal for the FMU off the turbo compressor.I was getting signal from throttle bodies but bike didn't respond to good.At idle and just cruising my fuel pressure is 50 psi on boost its 110 psi so you might not got enough pressure.Pm me and I got a couple custom maps i can help you with

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
damn cueman, well made bike :thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
damn cueman, well make bike :thumbsup:
Thanks Hesaves yours too.I've had my turbo little over a year and loving it.I seen your journal and see you did a lot of learning on yours.I think thats the best way to go I've learned alot in the last year

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mapping & f/pressure

Thanks Hesaves yours too.I've had my turbo little over a year and loving it.I seen your journal and see you did a lot of learning on yours.I think thats the best way to go I've learned alot in the last year
Thanks, cueman I would really like to try a different tune, possibly its that far off however when dynoed it was 11.5-1 a/f ratio which isnt bad, i would be willing to change and see if its more powerfull, shure could use it.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
haha my "turbo journal", thanks for reminding me of that, i need to revise it to include some new things Vince10r just informed me of. stay tuned

1 - 13 of 13 Posts