Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched for a couple days now and see some back and forth and since im still new to performance bikes so i figured id see what others thought in a thread..

my questions are:
1)which is the better/ most preferred way of tuning? ecu flashing, power commander, etc.

2) what are my options as far as a wideband?

i already have a pc3 (not installed yet). i would prefer to have everything tie in together if possible but at the same time i want something thats proven to work.
(i know in my turboed car i run an aem wideband and for the most part its been pretty accurate)

sorry for the noobish questions but id rather be safe than sorry. ive also learned its best to do things right the first time than having to redo them.

not having any kind of idea what my afrs are is the only thing from me putting the pc3 on

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Whatever system meets your budget & performance goals is the best choice. :) For a non-nitrous, non-boost bike either option will get it done. PC3's are adjustable after the fact (a bonus), but are another part that can possibly fail (though I've not had one yet go bad).

If you plan to tune yourself with a wideband without using a dyno, you are going to need something that data logs. It's just about impossible to tune a bike this fast by eye and not eat the back of a stationary object. If you are going to use a dyno, a wideband is pretty unnecessary after the fact for a NA bike; the tune isn't going to change enough to warrant messing with it for non-competition use.

Hell, even with one on board they are nearly impossible to monitor while you're riding hard. Your eyes can't keep up with what is reading what at what RPM by how much FAST ENOUGH, even if you could remember/calculate every adjustment point as it happens. The dynojet wideband/LCD combo lets you datalog, and so do a few other wideband set-ups out there. You're wasting your time and putting yourself at risk trying to tune without one. :) Don't get me wrong... they are good tools to have on board for -possible- warning about a bad situation about to happen, but not the best for tuning without a dyno.

g'Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts