Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the race shop yesterday for some decent brake fluid and while I was there I asked about dyno tuning...these guys want $385!
They also would not reveal the procedures...I dont think I would EVER pay that much, but if I did, I want the bike tuned at 3%, 5%, 10%, 20% 40%, 60% 80% & 100% throttle openings...couldn't even get that question answered.

What is the going rate for the rest of you?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
$250 on a brand new Load Control Dynojet 250 with tuning link software. My custom map was set at all those throttle settings you mentioned.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Any place to do that here in BIG TEXAS...?

I think its worth the money if you look at pwrcmdrs and exhaust.

Its a good bang for the buck, from what I've seen.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
my bad ballers

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Any place to do that here in BIG TEXAS...?

I think its worth the money if you look at pwrcmdrs and exhaust.

Its a good bang for the buck, from what I've seen.
If I can dig up my dyno sheet, I could tell you someone in Texas. He said he usually can improve most stock bikes as well. However, when he did mine, he said the fueling was "ideal" thoughout the entire range. Hmmm. Really? He had a portable dyno at Texas World Speedway once.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i think sometimes local shops have specials and do stuff for a discount or something. at lees cycle they have days where they give big discounts on things such as tires and do free services (dynoing, tuning suspension, and tire changing). of course it takes forever since theres a line but if you got time to kill and nothing to do its a good place to chill. too bad they dont do it often

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dyno tuning-in SW VA????

I am looking for a shop capable of dyno tuning and making a custom map for my 10r....I am adding many parts this winter and want it setup right for the spring...

I live in Roanoke VA...that's in SW VA
Does anyone know any shops within a decent distance that are capable of this??? Any info is appreciated..

Thanks
Russ
[email protected]

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Are there country folk that live in SW VA?? :lol:

BD

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
on1whl said:
I live in Roanoke VA...that's in SW VA
Does anyone know any shops within a decent distance that are capable of this??? Any info is appreciated..
I'm not positive, but motoeuropa, the ducati shop in Richmond might have that or is 58cycle close to you? They might offer that as well.
I've been told my a friend in DE that they offer great tuning in Baltimore and if I have to drive 2 hours to save $150, I will do that.

At $100 per hp, I can see gaining 2~3 with tuning, so $385 is gay. I'm going to use that for a revalve respring on the rear shock.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
yes theyy do want too much money though

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
way way way tooo much.....i have heard from many people on this forum and tuners that the a/f ratio is still perfect w/ a stock exhaust and still with a slip-on....for me unless there is a huge diff i will not remap....and only will remap the stock ecu not a pciii

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
yeahh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts