Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Gen 4 ZX10 that I road race. I'm trying to get a custom tune for mr12 (I already have a tune for 93) before I leave for my race, but I may not have time to. Will the autotune correct the map to safely run race gas, or do I need to adjust the timing as well? And if I do get a tune, is a PC ignition module needed to tune for mr12 as well? I need some more horses for the long straight, but I'll wait if it will blow up my motor. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
cant say if auto tune effective with mr12 but all my dyno mr12 tunes are set at 13.0/1 at all throttle positions. done several 10's this way, expect big gains in midrange, 8-12hp, and 8 up top with torque increase and much improved throttle response. this is spot on tuned, bike will rip. my tuner is primarily involved in high level roadracing and gets great results with mr12. do not add any timing at all with this fuel, if advanced pull it back out. very fast burn to produce max cylinder pressure does not work well with advanced timing. know this for a fact personally from experience. also pay attention to date of manufacture on can, it is the 3rd series of numbers under the mr12 designation. will read like 10516 which means made 105 day of 2016. unopened, no older than 6 mos, fresher better. expensive, but worth every penny at competition level to me. have to drain/flush fuel system after use, takes 5 min. get ur tune right, u will get the results ur seeking.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cant say if auto tune effective with mr12 but all my dyno mr12 tunes are set at 13.0/1 at all throttle positions. done several 10's this way, expect big gains in midrange, 8-12hp, and 8 up top with torque increase and much improved throttle response. this is spot on tuned, bike will rip. my tuner is primarily involved in high level roadracing and gets great results with mr12. do not add any timing at all with this fuel, if advanced pull it back out. very fast burn to produce max cylinder pressure does not work well with advanced timing. know this for a fact personally from experience. also pay attention to date of manufacture on can, it is the 3rd series of numbers under the mr12 designation. will read like 10516 which means made 105 day of 2016. unopened, no older than 6 mos, fresher better. expensive, but worth every penny at competition level to me. have to drain/flush fuel system after use, takes 5 min. get ur tune right, u will get the results ur seeking.
Thanks a lot man. I am going to try and get it done tomorrow or Wednesday because I leave Thursday for the race. When I was calling around to different tuning shops, one told me I didn't need a new map if I already had a tune. He said I just needed to change the timing and I'd be good. Hopefully I can get a tune so I can run it next weekend. I'll leave the timing as is. Thanks again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks a lot man. I am going to try and get it done tomorrow or Wednesday because I leave Thursday for the race. When I was calling around to different tuning shops, one told me I didn't need a new map if I already had a tune. He said I just needed to change the timing and I'd be good. Hopefully I can get a tune so I can run it next weekend. I'll leave the timing as is. Thanks again.
Your guy doesn't sound very knowledgeable about race fuels, specifically oxygenated fuels. Without tuning for more fuel it'll run lean.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your guy doesn't sound very knowledgeable about race fuels, specifically oxygenated fuels. Without tuning for more fuel it'll run lean.
It wasn't my guy. I was calling around because the couple of places I normally take my bike weren't tuning this weekend, so I was just trying to get a tune from anybody while I was off of work. I'll have to try and take it to HSBK if they can get me in on Tuesday or Wednesday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts