Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from the board going to this event at Heartland Park in Topeka K.S. besides Trackaddict & Myself???

·
Registered
761 Posts
i wish... ive been to that track once and been wanting to get back to it but just dont have the time to travel. been so buy. what gearing do you run for that track? i remember having problems going through turn 6 the uphill busstop. have fun though!

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
i wish... ive been to that track once and been wanting to get back to it but just dont have the time to travel. been so buy. what gearing do you run for that track? i remember having problems going through turn 6 the uphill busstop. have fun though!
16/41.......gotta love that track. Been there a few times with CCS. Wish I had a bike to come join you guys.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya fun track had a low side their 2 yrs ago sucked trying to avoid a rider & bike sliding across the track ended up wit fractured ribs & a bruised spleen & no more riding for a few moths:dontknow: the rider that low sided ended up riding the rest of the day:headshake But itcould have been worse I could have hit him broke his back possibly & still crashed. since then they revamped it 1 &2 had cones on it this last time I went as you came over the front straightaway the chicane on the backside is where I have seen guys have some offtrack excursions.ya going to be a bunch of us going together should be a good time!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
16/47 haven't ran with a lap timer there so:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Getting off of the 10 with the slipper clutch & power compared to my Gsxr 600 is a big change as well but it's alot of fun to ride.:thumbsup: Two diff animals that for sure.:lol:

·
Registered
761 Posts
i did 2 sessions there and only did 1:55. very technical track especially if you dont have the turns memorized in your head. i had a hard time going through 6.. couldnt get the right line down..

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i did 2 sessions there and only did 1:55. very technical track especially if you dont have the turns memorized in your head. i had a hard time going through 6.. couldnt get the right line down..
I hear ya their I had some tire issues the last time I was there. So today on my day off of work I took my wheels off & running them over to a friends house so we can put a set of my Super corsa's hopefuly they won't be sliding around as much this time, & I can get some better sessions the track was a little dirty as well & that didn't help matter's either.But all in all was a ood day think they had 1 crash & that was in turn 2 New riders group if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Had you been on the track before they revamped it??

·
Registered
761 Posts
the second session, some guy lost his oil cap and blew oil through 1 and 2. they cleaned it up good but not good enough. i bet it would be a fun track on a 600. i only had -1 on the front so i still kept shifting down to one. it was a little scary cause my front kept sliding in the morning and my rear would brake loose. i dont know if it was my tires not getting enough heat or i didnt have the right psi but we tried several things and couldnt get the problem down. ended up crashing at turn 6. tucked the front.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
the second session, some guy lost his oil cap and blew oil through 1 and 2. they cleaned it up good but not good enough. i bet it would be a fun track on a 600. i only had -1 on the front so i still kept shifting down to one. it was a little scary cause my front kept sliding in the morning and my rear would brake loose. i dont know if it was my tires not getting enough heat or i didnt have the right psi but we tried several things and couldnt get the problem down. ended up crashing at turn 6. tucked the front.

Could be a number of things for sure. Main thing on corners like T6 is to keep the bike as upright as possible and throw your body WAY off the bike and low and as you lean and accelerate out to start pushing the bike up but keep your body down.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bummer 1st yr I was there almost same thing happened with a ZX6r guy didn't have his oil filter tight enough & wasn't safty wired either sprayed oil all over the track bad deal.the track config now IMO is a way lot better now though.The Carrosel is a nice addition.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts