Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gone
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, looking for some help from 08 ttx 36 owners.

i purchased one second hand and is in great shape, just worried that a couple of screws may be missing. i've included a pic of one similar and circled around the areas, (one is on opposite side but hope you get the general idea) where there is two tapped/threaded holes that look like they should have a grub/lock screw in them, kind of to hold the top part onto the shock body. but when i look down these holes they are empty and can see main body's thread of what the preload rings would run on.

are some meant to be in there but vibrated out? any ideas?

thanks in advance.

will get some actual pics of my shock up tomorrow...

View attachment 118982

·
Gone
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks majic thats put my mind at ease. just curious why there're there. like the fgrt804 forks i just took delivery of... the right hand lower has a random threaded hole on the side. perhaps for a data logger suspension stroke rod or sensor of some sort for race teams...?

anyway thanks again rep sent for ya :)

·
Gone
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah going to install sussy over winter (icy roads covered with salt over here at moment) but before that gong to strip whole chassis back to bare metal (frame/subframe/swingarm)

kinda like a hayate replica :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hard to tell from the pic, but that looks like the preload adjusting ring. If so, they normally have several locations for a set screw. Only need to use one that is easiest to access. A little blue locktite would be nice.

·
Gone
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just out of interest what springs you guys running? (majic & 9r) i'm 6' 2'' and 210-220lbs in gear

my shock is fitted with a 95 (same as what i had on my WP) and came with a spare 90.

the forks were resprung by kyle racing before he shipped them over. 10.0 in them now (think they're 9.5 std)

is there any magical relationship/ratio between front/rear springs or is it a case of getting them right by sorting the ride height/sag properly?

will be starting a build thread soon of my winter mods for next year... stay tuned :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts