Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Note to Admins, delete if not allowed.

We have an old gentleman in town who is pretty much homeless, and his only lifeline is a scooter he uses to be mobile. I do not know him personally, only see him scootering around. I received this note from a friend. Some people are letting him live in their basement to stay out of the elements during this cold season, but he is devastated he has lost his only form of transportation.

We looked at GoFundMe but the fees are so high. I will take donations via PayPal and all but the fee will go to his fund. No cash will be given, rather anything over the cost of the scooter will be used for safety gear, clothing, etc.

To send via PayPal:
(REMOVED)

Personally, I'm having the worst Holiday season I can remember, and just wished it was over, but this has kind of given me a mission to help someone. No amount too small, they will appreciate anything.

You can also send a check to:

REMOVED

Original News:

Some bad news today:

Jerry "Paul" Peacemaker, the sweet homeless gentleman who rides around Stephenson on scooter was in an altercation with a car this evening in front of American Woodmark. He was treated and released from the ED, but his beloved scooter didn't fair so well.

He is really heartbroken not to have his lifeline available to him. If anyone knows of a reasonably priced scooter/moped please let me know. He needs to get back on his own again soon for his mental health. Please keep him in your prayers.

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
Dang you mods are setting a high bar to follow! In all seriousness awsome of you to go through the effort gman, GL Jerry!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless someone goes REALLY crazy, I am going to try to match what ever the highest single donation is. So far it's $50.

Not to mention I may have a slightly used pair of nice gloves and other stuff to give him.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So far, we have raised $820. Please keep the donations coming. We were hoping to do it for Christmas, but even after it will sill be appreciated!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Is that getting close to the mark for a scooter? Not sure what something like that would cost, imagine you have to go with used as well?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The scooter is about $1700 for a NEW one and we have almost $1300 today! This is from you guys and members of the church donating. I hope we can make it!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The scooter is about $1700 for a NEW one and we have almost $1300 today! This is from you guys and members of the church donating. I hope we can make it!
$1300 bucks??? That's so cool. This thread brings a tear to my eye. Just when I think the world is full of pricks, I stumble across something like this and my faith in humanity is renewed.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere and I'm having a beer. Here's a toast to people pulling together for one another.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got word today that we have all the money needed. No more donations please, and THANK YOU! I will get a photo of Jerry with the new wheels when he gets it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts