Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my own header for the '04 ZX-10R engine in my race car. The sealing wasn't great at the head, so I'm trying these Suzuki gaskets I saw at a friends house (He's got a GSX-R).

The OD of these fit perfectly inside the exhaust port and have a lot more crush material. Hopefully they'll stop some of the leakage I've had. I really don't want to do more header work if I don't have to.

Attachments

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Have not had any issues with either of my headers sealing, but I know those would not work with my 04 and the Akra, the flanges are so thick, the bolts only alow a couple of threads for the nut to catch on, those would be too thick for Akra owners , I would think. If I remember right the 06 with my Beet was not much better.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm sure you're right. I should have pointed out that I made my header from scratch, so the quality and fit is not on par with an Akra. :).

Making a header was a real challenge for me. It was very hard to get all eight ends at the right place and angle. That's why I'm hoping these gaskets do wonders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts