Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i baught my bike wrecked and the front rim is bent i can ride it but it starts to shake real bad about 40mph i found a shop that will fix it for 100 but i dont know has anybody had their rim fixed before he said he speed tests them up to 80mph but thats barley highway speed around here:dontknow:

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Im sure everyone will tell you to buy new but I fixed a badly bent rim and it balanced out perfect and I ran it up to top speed many times! I would say just fix it if your looking to save a few bucks and dont want to wait for a used one to pop up

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Framestraight.com they are the best .Ive used them many times and wouldnt trust anyone else.they show some repairs on their site.:helmet:

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Somebody posted some slow mo videos from the Isle of Mann TT , if you watch the rim flex on the front wheels of the bikes, you will never consider having a rim repaired

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Even with a good straight repair, I wouldn't trust the stress it's been through on a wheel.:headshake A frame, sub frame, or similar? Maybe. Not a wheel on a high performance bike.

You can find a used one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts