Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around at getting dual exhauts on my truck. I have looked on the F-150 forum and it seems most of them recommend the Roush Off-Road exhaust, Magnaflows, and Flowmaster as being last...What do you guys have on your trucks and what do you think of it? I have also read with the flows at a certain highway speed it sounds like crap...I am new to working on my truck and I know there are a lot of people on this forum that have done stuff.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I've got Magnaflows on my F-150. I can't remember the part # but they exit in front of the rear tire. The setup looks alot like whats on the Lightening. It sounds really great too, not too loud plus it weighs 28 lbs less than the stock pipe. :lol:

If I'm not mistaken, the dual chamber mufflers are louder than the ones that go straight through. Are you looking for loud pipes? There are a few sites out there with sound clips, those help alot.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got Magnaflows on my F-150. I can't remember the part # but they exit in front of the rear tire. The setup looks alot like whats on the Lightening. It sounds really great too, not too loud plus it weighs 28 lbs less than the stock pipe. :lol:

If I'm not mistaken, the dual chamber mufflers are louder than the ones that go straight through. Are you looking for loud pipes? There are a few sites out there with sound clips, those help alot.
can you take a picture of it and see if you can find the part #? i dont want super loud but i do want louder and for more performance also

·
11,176 Posts
Here's a pic. I doubt it's the exact number you would need to match up to your truck but at least you know what I'm talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
2 glass packs & 4" tubes, that should get some attention... yeeehhaaawww..

ive always liked flowmaster, but i dont like anything real loud, too trailer park IMO.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
2 glass packs & 4" tubes, that should get some attention... yeeehhaaawww..

ive always liked flowmaster, but i dont like anything real loud, too trailer park IMO.
I know it sounds "redneck", but you can have something that sounds just as good or better and makes as much or more power if you have a muffler shop or "guy" in your area that custom fabs them. And they're usually way cheaper since the routing is relatively simple.

I'm not talking glass packs and huge exhaust tips, btw. Nothing retarded.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i called a local shop and he will install magnaflow and everything for $315 including taxes

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is where i am thinking of locating it as well

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I have a mustang with flows. I don't know about the 5.4 V-8 but the flows on the 4.6 have a tendency to get a nasty vibration that resonates through the entire car around 2200 rpm. That was with high flow cats. I removed the cats and its a lot better now.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have flowmasters on my dodge with 3'' pipes. I had a muffler guy fab my exhaust. So it cost me a lot less than one already premade. He charged me 250.00 and a premade one goes for 400.00+.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i ran 50 series Flowmasters on my dodge ram for about 3 years.. Sounded nice at first, but the older the muffler got the louder the sound got also. So,, I switched over to a magnaflow.. and it's okay.... Should have went with the borla or banks instead... ( But that's alot of $$)

·
11,176 Posts
Yeah Borlas are expensive but I don't think anything sounds as good as their products. They always produce low, throaty tones. I have a set on my Mustang, there's absolutely no raspiness or drone at all.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
+1 on the banks...had it on my last two trucks...great performance gains...haven't put it my latest truck yet but plan on it..

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Go to your local muffler shop, have him cut off the muffler and everything after that. Put a new muffler on, and just add some turn downs in front of the rear axle. That's what I had on my 06 Ram and it cost $125. It sounded great....it was a bit loud but not too bad!!

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
You can also try Aeroexhausts.com. They offer alot of different setups and are reasoable in price.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I know it sounds "redneck", but you can have something that sounds just as good or better and makes as much or more power if you have a muffler shop or "guy" in your area that custom fabs them. And they're usually way cheaper since the routing is relatively simple.

I'm not talking glass packs and huge exhaust tips, btw. Nothing retarded.
I had my exhaust guy bolt on a flowmaster 40 series, and custom bend the rest of the pipes. dual setup, with polished stainless 3 1/2 inch tips. sounds really deep, but kinda loud at expressway speeds. if i had to do over, i would go with 50 series. i have a 2006 f-150 crewcab with 5.4.

don't waste your money on some silly ass expensive exhaust. get the cheap one with good mufflers for $300. and then get the K&N filtercharger setup, the chrome truck one. THAT wakes up the engine a little, and gives better throttle response.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts