Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, I dedicated the day to trying to piece all the parts back on my bike after it came back from the bike shop. I am having a few issue, and before you say anything, I do have the manual for the bike and still can't find where this shit goes, so anyone that has a 2005 and knows whats missing, or what I am missing chime in please.

I have no clue where this wire goes and what it connects to, I don't see anything not plugged in. its from right side of the bike comes out of the side of the plate in front of the clutch/oil cap container. Not the oil container but he one in front of it.

My coolant overflow container mounts here, but the holes in it don't line up with anything there, wondering if anyone recognized something like a bracket being missing or something not right.

the radiator mounts with one single bolt on the top and unless I am missing something to fasten it to the frame somewhere down at the bottom. I have dug through everything I got back from the bike shop and just don't see anything. I know it connects to something because the bolt for it is in the bag the radiator was stored in.

Yes, you guessed it, I am NOT a mechanic. So, anyone who is mechanically incline, or even a real mechanic please tell me wTh I am not seeing here, or what is missing.

Thanks in Advanced,

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I don't recognize the connector right off hand, but the rad connects to a mount that splits the exhaust manifold and meets up to it yours appears to be bent, or missing.

Edit: I beleive the big connector on the second pic goes to your speedometer

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the connectors in pic two I don't have an issue with its getting the radiator res container on the bike, in that pic, thats what it looks like and I just don't see where it mounts on the bike.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
If I remember correctly the tank top bolt screws into the top motor mount bolt that is inner threaded. The other bolt goes into the bracket that is attached to the lower mount

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a picture on page 81 of my manual and it actually looks like the res container is bolted onto the left side of the radiator itself and not the bike frame. I will have to check that out in the morning. as for the wire and where the bottom of the radiator connect, that still remains an issue

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I found a picture on page 81 of my manual and it actually looks like the res container is bolted onto the left side of the radiator itself and not the bike frame. I will have to check that out in the morning. as for the wire and where the bottom of the radiator connect, that still remains an issue

That is correct, it does attach to the radiator now that you mention it. Sorry if I misled you, it's been a while.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
1st pic looks like the connector that goes to the right side of the throttle bodies and I have my bike apart now that's where I will be installing it. It's part of the wiring harness when you take the bodies off. Hope that helps

bloo

·
Registered
248 Posts
I recently reassembled my 05, in regards to your rad, that bottom part is supposed to have a bracket, on one end it fits into the rubber grommet, the other end should have a space to fit with the "bolt" as you mentioned before that fastens and stabilizes the bracket right under the headers, hope that helps

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on the radiator itself, where you add fluid it has two small connectors for hoses, can you tell me what is going to each of those. one is a little bit fatter than the upper one but either way both are small. the two I am talking about are just under the cap. by the way the pics with the radiator on the trampoline.. just how I did mine. as for the wire that goes to the wiring harness.. I cant find any place that it goes to if thats where you say it comes from. I mean if you look how its fastened to that cover its head towards the back of the bike not up so if anyone has a way to take a pic of where that is actually going, by all means post it for me. it is only about 4 inches long.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The connector in pic 1 is the crankshaft pick-up coil, and as Bloo says the female is at the harness that runs attached to the throttle bodies fuel rail, and shows at the right side of it.
It may well got trap between the engine/throttle bodies and the frame when you mounted it.

The rad. bottom hook attaches to a bracket that bolts to the front of the engine (10mm hex bolt) well below the exhaust ports #2 & 3.

The 2 hose connectors next to the rad cap go, the upper to the reserve container (over flow), and the bent one below is the coolant return and goes to the thermostat housing connector

Hope this helps another bit more.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
The connector in pic 1 is the crankshaft pick-up coil, and as Bloo says the female is at the harness that runs attached to the throttle bodies fuel rail, and shows at the right side of it.
It may well got trap between the engine/throttle bodies and the frame when you mounted it.

The rad. bottom hook attaches to a bracket that bolts to the front of the engine (10mm hex bolt) well below the exhaust ports #2 & 3.

The 2 hose connectors next to the rad cap go, the upper to the reserve container (over flow), and the bent one below is the coolant return and goes to the thermostat housing connector

Hope this helps another bit more.
Dang your good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
536 Posts

The part to attch the lower portion of the radiator is number 35063, it bolts to the cases.

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, I have all but the STAY issue taken care of out of that list, but now I have a solid red FI light on and nothing happens when I press the start button, I also dont have a neutral light for some reason, even when its in nuetral. any idea whats going on? could it be the power commander? It looks good on the computer was able to remap it and all that. It acts normal when the key is turned on. But, as I said, absolutely nothing happens when I hit the start key

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
is it safe to guess that when I grounded the place it says to ground and turned the key on I got one long blink on the FI light, then 4 short ones, then I got 2 long blinks followed by 5 short ones, so that would be 14 and 25 on the problem chart? if its 14 and 25 then in the code list it says Water temp sensor ( don't even know where thats at) and gear sensor ( must be why I don't have a neutral light on when its in neutral). the sensor for that one is behind the left gear shift, and foot peg and is attached to a cover with a small screw, well I have two of those and I changed switched them out and nothing changed. does it attach to anything inside that cover because I just stuck it in the hole and put the screw down, don't know how it would know what gear I am in by just being near the front drive sprocket but ok. its plugged in and still no changes on the codes

·
Registered
123 Posts
you may have missed more connectors when putting everything back together. The bike should run with the coolant temp sensor code but its not starting due to the neutral failure. If I might ask, how did you get stuck in this situation? Did you have a problem with a shop? If you put the motor in yourself you may have pinched a wireharness somewhere. This bike can be very frusterating to work on just take your time and you will get it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
is it safe to guess that when I grounded the place it says to ground and turned the key on I got one long blink on the FI light, then 4 short ones, then I got 2 long blinks followed by 5 short ones, so that would be 14 and 25 on the problem chart? if its 14 and 25 then in the code list it says Water temp sensor ( don't even know where thats at) and gear sensor ( must be why I don't have a neutral light on when its in neutral). the sensor for that one is behind the left gear shift, and foot peg and is attached to a cover with a small screw, well I have two of those and I changed switched them out and nothing changed. does it attach to anything inside that cover because I just stuck it in the hole and put the screw down, don't know how it would know what gear I am in by just being near the front drive sprocket but ok. its plugged in and still no changes on the codes
Thats the speed senser, the gear indicator sensor is on the engine case. I dont remember where but Id bet you missed a connector. it should runclose to the speed sensor connector.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts