Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

In the market for a stand in order to change my front tire out.

I've been looking at the T-Rex stands since they are cheap. Would the triple tree stand from t-rex require the fairing to come off? Been reading mixed things all over the site.

Apparently I need a specific pin for this bike/stand? My father would probably want to use the stand for his bikes, a 2003 Ducati 1000SS and a 2001 Katana 750. All would require different pins I assume.

Also, been reading mixed opinions on the t-rex stands. I don't want Pitbull or any other expensive stands, I won't be using them that much, and for what I need, t-rex sounds fine.

Also, does anyone have pics of the t-rex triple tree stand in use on this bike?

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
i've got the t-rex stands except i don't have the triple tree front. they're alright stands i guess. i've had them almost two years now. i can't give them the praise that others have given the pitbulls but will say they're serviceable.i find that they do have flex in them that i'm not real comfortable with.

i also have a set of lockhart phillips in my garage right now and i will say the front triple tree stand doesn't go under an '06 1000rr without hitting the nose of the bike. i have yet to lift my 10r with it. and yes different bikes take different pins

but 2 yrs into it, im thinking of getting new stands. my bike sits on the stands all year long when i'm not riding the bike. not to mention when servicing my bike as well as others

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Pit bull!!!!
No doubt, worth their weight in gold IMO. That and you can always turn around and sell that stand and not be out a whole lot. They're expensive but I consider them one of the best investments.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm really not leaning towards the pit bull stands because of the cash. thanks for the suggestions anyways.

if anyone else has any feedback, i'd appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts