Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back last night.

Lot's of BMW's on the road of course. Saw a few Kawi's and a couple of Harly customs.

I didn't take many pictures. Cologne is a great town.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Went to Germany three times last year and loved it! Best part was sunday morning we were in Frankfurts town square and they were already serving beer at 9am.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice pictures.

:heyyou: How is the beer? :beer:

Germany is definitely a country that I'd like to get to. Maybe in October. :mrgreen:

Chris

The beer is fantastic.

In Cologne they have local beers called Kolsch. Everyother block or so has a different brand. For example where our hotel was, they had Gaffel Kolsch. When you go into a pub, you basically have only a couple of choice. A pils, kolsch, or weisen.

I've been to Cologne, Duseldorf, and Heidelberg. All three we great, Cologne is my favorite.

They have a very good train system as well.

Always great to be back home though...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Wish I would have know you were going to be here. I would have met you in Cologne or Heidelberg for a beer. The cathedral in Cologne is awesome. Was there construction going on while you were there?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
The public transport system in Europe works really well, especially the trains. They told me cologne has the biggest dome in the world, but then when I was in Ulm, they told me Ulm has the biggest dome in the world. I think what they meant was one was the biggest and the other was the tallest, but don't know which ones which.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wish I would have know you were going to be here. I would have met you in Cologne or Heidelberg for a beer. The cathedral in Cologne is awesome. Was there construction going on while you were there?

Indeed there was. Looks like they moved the plumbing above ground for a while.

I was there for almost 2 weeks. Never dawned on me to post up to see if someone was from there.

Thanks for the offer...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Nice!...

I've spent a few days in germany before.... loved it!...

Germany is a really nice place!.....

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I went to Cologne about 20 years ago, the cathedral was awesome.
:+1: Did you climb to the top of the tower? 6 or 800:dontknow: tiny twisting steps.

in 1985 you could climb it and it was an awesome view.

I want to go back on motorcycle- my trip was bicycles, camping and hostels with 50 other teens and a few chaperons.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:+1: Did you climb to the top of the tower? 6 or 800:dontknow: tiny twisting steps.

in 1985 you could climb it and it was an awesome view.

I want to go back on motorcycle- my trip was bicycles, camping and hostels with 50 other teens and a few chaperons.
Not on this trip, but a few years ago I went to the top to see the bell. I kept stopping at those tiny windows to get some air.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Business or pleasure trip???

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I lived in Germany 4 years 95 - 99. I was stationed in Stuttgart. I miss that place. Europe is the only place I know of where you can order a car and go watch it being built. My supervisor bought a Porsche 911 with twin turbos and he took me with him to watch the assembly. It was so cool. Everything is done by hand. No machines. After each car comes of the assembly line they go straight to the autobahn for a road test. Let me stop...my mouth is watering.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Awesome pics, bro!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts