Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice a year, the first Saturday in October and April, they open the road to the Trinity Site at White Sands Missle Range to the public. I'm gonna ride the ZX-10R up there from South Texas Friday, 30 September and camp at the Valley Fires National Recreation Area campsite and then go out to the Trinity Site Saturday morning. The weather looks like it will be nice.

For those who aren't familiar with it, the Trinity Site is the site of the worlds first atomic explosion. A plutonium bomb similar to the one dropped on Nagasaki was detonated atop a 100' steel tower.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
gpz1100 said:
...(I'll resist the urge to call it SoTex :lol: ) are you from?
I dont care who you are thats funny! :crackup:

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm from Kingsville. Can you imagine those folks at White Sands telling guys who ride ZX-10Rs, "Don't pick up the Trinitite, it's radioactive!" BWAHAHA!!!

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Radioactive maybe 40 years ago. Levels are so low now, you could carry a piece around for a year and not have any problems. Of course, I'm not a Nuclear Physicist, nor do I play one on TV.
Take plenty of pictures and be sure to post them when you get back.
Being located in Kingsville, are you US GOVT property?

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess you could say I am retired U.S. goverment property. I'm gonna pick all the Trinitite I can get away with. It is only suppposed to be about four times background radiation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts