Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to do a little bit of trimming on my lower fairing...Just wondering what would work the best for trimming plastic fairings????

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
A torch...

:badteeth:

I think most on this site will say a dremel/rotozip. By far the easiest and most forgiving...

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
But wait...Honda's are the easy bikes to ride and forgiving...the Kawi's are the bad ass handfuls...by all means feel free to use a chainsaw...:lol:

·
Registered
536 Posts
i used a Dremel with the little round ball on it.! My plastic was melting a little down by my exhaust on the bottom where it is exposed.
good to go now!

·
Registered
228 Posts
:+1: use a cutter to cut the fairing to get it close to where you want it, then use a sander to even it out and clean the edges

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I have used a mini right angle air grinder on plastic parts when trimming up mudflaps - works great and quick. You just need a steady hand. Dremel also works wonders too.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Another vote for the good ole dremel. Very easy to use. Just tape off what you want to get rid of and carefully work your way to the tape. That's how I cut the notch for GP shifting and it came out great. If you didn't know better you would think it came like that from the factory.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I second the Dremel....Ever since I got it, I find reasons to go to the hardware store and get new attachments.

:pottytrai

1 - 10 of 10 Posts