Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased an iven tre for the 06 zx10, im an experienced mechanic, when finished we also did my buddies 07 zx10, we went for a ride, everything ran good, but we both noticed that our speedometers dont work! what in sam hill is up w/ this? the directions, or ivans web page didnt say anything about the tre disabling our speedo,s. has anybody else had this problem? or does anybody else have a tre installed?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
i just purchased an iven tre for the 06 zx10, im an experienced mechanic, when finished we also did my buddies 07 zx10, we went for a ride, everything ran good, but we both noticed that our speedometers dont work! what in sam hill is up w/ this? the directions, or ivans web page didnt say anything about the tre disabling our speedo,s. has anybody else had this problem? or does anybody else have a tre installed?
Sorry to say but you both either took out the wrong pins from the OEM connector or your plug/OEM connector was not re-installed. I know how the 04/05 10Rs work not so sure on your model , only because I believe the Gear signals/wires share the same connector the Speed signal is on unlike the first gen 10Rs which only shares the OEM connector with the Oil Pressure switch signal.....but am sure the gear signals are the same for all 10Rs and should not effect Speedo what so ever. Hope this helps.

bluedevil

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
They dont disable the speedos. Wires wrong. There was a post earlier on where this happened, and the supplied unit was for the wrong model, as there is a differnce in the wire splicing. Should find the post if you do a search

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i doubled checked the pins, and double checked the oem connector, all is correct ! oem was reinstalled, blackw/ yellow stripe and white w/ yellow stripe wires to tre. ??? there is a different part # for the tre in 05 04. we checked each others work as well, no difference! as per instructions by ivan!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
i doubled checked the pins, and double checked the oem connector, all is correct ! oem was reinstalled, blackw/ yellow stripe and white w/ yellow stripe wires to tre. ??? there is a different part # for the tre in 05 04. we checked each others work as well, no difference! as per instructions by ivan!

yep, there is a different part # for the 04/05 10Rs...I don't know what the instructions are for your model but I do have a 06 manual and I see Green/red stripe wire same as the first Gens for the Gear Sensor wire...something doesn't sound right. :headshake

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
double checked directions, for 06/07 ivan tre part # 009 , must be wrong tre in the bag marked 009.or a bad tre. will call ivan monday morning! thanks for the help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ivan tre update

yes i did hook up the wrong wire, there were 2 blackw/ yellow wires. changed them out and works fine, it was my bad, my apologies to ivan!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
yes i did hook up the wrong wire, there were 2 blackw/ yellow wires. changed them out and works fine, it was my bad, my apologies to ivan!
Good deal :thumbsup: ...this thread will be merged with your original Thread no need to add a new Thread for the same subject. :headshake

1 - 10 of 10 Posts