Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, i ordered a Gipro the other day but realized i just ordered the gear indicator and the one with atre so i sent it back. well ive been thinking and a gear indicator isnt a must so i was considering this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-ZX10R-TRE-Plug-in-Horsepower-2004-05-/171014302930?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d13f2cd2&vxp=mtr#ht_820wt_1255

but would the gipro be the better route to take and better product? i know i saw some searches already talking about ivans and the gipro so i did use the search button, but im just looking for opinions like if someone had an ivans then switched to a gipro or something. thanks for your help. flame on!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
i have the same TRE and it does wat it supposed to do if that helps.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
If you are gonna waste your money, at least buy a GiPro w/atre because at least you get a real nice gear indicator with it...

Did you read this thread?...20+ pages of ATRE...
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41297

Ive got a GiPro w/atre, and ive run it in all modes under difderent circumstances...now my results were all subjective, and i did notice a small difference in throttle response, but again it may have just been a placebo effect type of thing because its notging that will make you go "holy crap thats awesome"...but thats just my opinion...dont get me wrong, i think it does what its supposed to do, but its just not going to blow your mind....if you want really good even cheaper mods that are gaurunteed to give you the wow factor, do a -1+2 sprocket change, or a 1/5 throttle insert.....if you do both, youll think you added rocket boosters to your ride....

·
Registered
691 Posts
I started with the Ivans and couldn't tell a difference. I already had a custom tune etc so I could only go by butt dyno. I switched to the GIpro and did a non scientific test. Ran it down the road in off, 1, and 2 and watched the RPMs when the power wheelie kicked in. A noticeable difference in numbers. I've since taken the secondaries out since I need new throttle bodies anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought one like that and I did notice a little difference; but for 3gen that mod was a waste of money. Change your gearing or pc5 with autotune and you good.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys. i guess i was just trying to justify me spending the 170 on the gipro. i ordered that one but wasnt sure if there was gonna be any difference in the lower gears or not. i already have the 1/5 rifleman insert, secondaries removed,k&n, two brothers slip on, pc3 with map but i am gonna get it dyno'd soon, block off plates, but right now im on stock gearing and 525. im waiting til i have the money for a speedohealer before i by the chain and sprockets.

·
Registered
691 Posts
If you already removed the secondaries send it back. It does the same thing. Besides, $170 is too much. I got if from a forum sponsor for $50 cheaper.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
1st thing i did when i picked up my gen1 was removed the sec flies with the TRE i still could tell a difference.

·
Registered
795 Posts
my bike did not make any more hp over stock with a tre, it made 143 with a slip on, no secondaries, no air filter, stock geared, made 144 with a small stretch, full system, pc3, custom map, tre, K&N, no secondaries and -1+1 gearing i really dont think the tre did a damn thing, but i paid like 10 bucks for it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright ill just buy the 30 dollar tre and if it works great then if not it just cost me 30 instead lol i appreciate all the info guys

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know what a tre does. i was just wondering if it was worth it and if thee was a difference in a cheap 30 dollar one compared to a 170 dollar one with a gear indicator

·
Registered
795 Posts
Btw only 04/05 does it advance timing using a neutral setting, but you have to compensate for it with adding fuel up top.. on 06+ it controls throttle bodies... guhl motors did a big write up on this

1 - 20 of 20 Posts